New Member Here

SPLN SUX

hi everyone, im new to this forum and thought id introduce myself.

My name is Nick, im 22 and have been in the Columbus area for about 4 years now. Ive been known to bomb around the east side on summer weekend nights as well as make apperences at NTR now and then. I actively participate in SCCA auto-x, Street Modified mostly. Ive been building engines for about 12yrs now, and racing for 7. I enjoy drag racing and auto cross, but my true passion is open track/raod course racing. Im actively building a track car from a 1996 Cavalier Z24, and hopefuly can use it to advance myself into a carrer of professional racing.

Im a total J-Body junkie. I know the 2.4L TC engine like the back of my hand. I know ever size of every nut and bolt on the whole thing. Ive been know to change timing chains or do cam swaps in less than 4hrs... including lunch ;) Currently, im building a bomb proof racing engine for the track car. Nothing too big, only about 250-275bhp N/A. I have a couple plans for some rediculously high output engines but performance = $$$ and i dont have that much money smile.gif

I work as a manager at a Pizza Hut delivery unit on W Broad St. So if anyone ever wants to stop in and BS, thats where i spend about 50-60hrs a week.

Anyway, thats a lil bit about me so if i ever run into anyone at least i wont be a total stranger.

http://www.mrmeanrracing.com/pics/ax3.jpg

http://www.mrmeanrracing.com/pics/ax2.jpg

In car video of OVR/WOR Challenge this year.

www.mrmeanrracing.com/vids/incar.mpg

Todd Knadler? Of course i know him, HE WORKS FOR ME! smile.gif

Ah the Cavalier is down for the year. I blew the engine up on the way home from that event in the video. Thats why im building a few new ones.

It does need to be dropped. It has all factory suspension as of now. Dont wory though, it has a date with many hours of wrenching this winter.

Shawn -

Im sure if i saw you again id recognize you. I got away from OBCC because it occured to me that none of them really knew anything about cars. Other than John (blue 01 Z) i never took a real liking to anyone else. They were all about show... something i really dont care for.

It really hasnt come all that far though... the only real difference is that now, it has a direction... a purpose if you will. Purpose built is the only way to go. It wont be much of a 1/4mile car... but ought to run with pack at IRP or in the 1000M maybe.

It has a long way to go. I still have to put the 14pt cage in it, FG everything for the body, and all the suspension yet. Thousands of dollars just burning a hole in my pocket ;)

Originally posted by Mr. CentralOhioSubarus:

Welcome, I've seen you out at auto-xes this year. You didn't do to bad, and you suprised me with that Cavalier. smile.gif

Really? What car and class? Im sure id remeber ya. I watch everyone when i go... i like to see other peoples lines.

Im the only one with enough nutz to race a Z24 anyway so its not hard to miss me. I went to every event up to the Mothers Day Challenge... my mom drove up to Dayton to see me race since i decided it was more important than going down to Cincinnati to see her tongue.gif

Her and my step dad were both awe-struck... they had no idea what i was doing and were just like "holy crap!".

Me and my Mom :D

http://www.mrmeanrracing.com/pics/ax7.jpg

• Casper unlocked this topic