Guest jade

Welcome to the board. I have been lurking here for seeing what people are like. For the most part they seem cool. Then theres a few that need help.

Does a cavalier count as a car when they run 12's with a bolt on turbo kit. Considering the racing cavaliers that GM uses have over 50% of the engine still stock running over 1400 hp. Please let everyone know the wisdom you hold. Its people like you who make me want to continue work on J body's.

Holy shit, your making a mustang fast!!! Thats awesome where did you get such an original idea.

Originally posted by CDW:

Does a cavalier count as a car when they run 12's with a bolt on turbo kit.

What?

If its making 1400hp...well than its a safe assumption that the car isnt "stock"

Holy shit, your making a mustang fast!!! Thats awesome where did you get such an original idea.

Holy shit, bolting on a turbo to a cavi is very orriginal.

Welcome to the board. I have been lurking here for seeing what people are like. For the most part they seem cool. Then theres a few that need help.

Does a cavalier count as a car when they run 12's with a bolt on turbo kit. Considering the racing cavaliers that GM uses have over 50% of the engine still stock running over 1400 hp. Please let everyone know the wisdom you hold. Its people like you who make me want to continue work on J body's.

who is this troll

GM's race cavalier does make 1400 hp and the motor is over 50% stock. thanx for asking though.

Actually Hahn racecraft has turned numerious 12's with their kit and over 25,000 miles being boosted with out a single failure. As far as people other than a company there is a few people who have hit those numbers for less than 1500.

As far as the troll part. No i'm not. I get very heated when people talk shit and don't know the potential of something. The only reason why i choose another platform was because they were getting to popular for my taste.

Guest stevil

Are we being judged on originality?!

Who cares. If something is popular then there is usually a wide selection of parts and they are cheaper. It's a smart thing to do! A good idea, albeit unoriginal. Oh well.

Oh and welcome to the board Tiffany.

GM's race cavalier does make 1400 hp and the motor is over 50% stock. thanx for asking though.

Actually Hahn racecraft has turned numerious 12's with their kit and over 25,000 miles being boosted with out a single failure. As far as people other than a company there is a few people who have hit those numbers for less than 1500.

As far as the troll part. No i'm not. I get very heated when people talk shit and don't know the potential of something. The only reason why i choose another platform was because they were getting to popular for my taste.

Sure there bub. That's why every time I go to the track I see 12 second Cavaliers all over the place. :rolleyes: Oh wait, I've yet to see one at all.

I do find it funny you went from saying you are a Ty owner in your car listing, to putting a wish list of wanting to own a Sy/Ty. graemlins/gay.gif

Ok, now your compairing race cars to cavaliers, you might as well just put me in my place and tell me how Prostock cavies are running 6's

%50 stock is not stock.

Maybe it is the fact that a car like a Mustang has more potential than a cavi that makes them so popular. whats the fastest ecotec? like 7's with a shit ton of boost or nitrous? Our firbird ran that without any power adder.

a guy here in town has a car that runs 7.80's all motor, with a Cavalier body....does that count too?

btw, welcome Tiff, it's alway nice to see chicks driving "pick-em-up trucks" tongue.gif

Originally posted by Stolen 5.0:

ford trucks are the best trucks

well fords all together

BUUUUUUURRRRRRR wrong answer...

Toyota trucks are the best out (although the new F-150 is pretty tits) and we all know that GM makes the best cars.... I mean, Vette > Mustang, Cobalt > Fukus.... GP or Bonniville > Tarus tongue.gifsmile.gif

Originally posted by Coke:

Ok, now your compairing race cars to cavaliers, you might as well just put me in my place and tell me how Prostock cavies are running 6's

%50 stock is not stock.

Maybe it is the fact that a car like a Mustang has more potential than a cavi that makes them so popular. whats the fastest ecotec? like 7's with a shit ton of boost or nitrous? Our firbird ran that without any power adder.

"We're currently at the 800-hp level after starting with about 140 hp with the production engine as installed in a production car," said O'Blenes. "We were able to make between 370 and 400 hp with billet rods and forged pistons with everything else stock."

The production engine underwent various alterations, including the aluminum block (modified with stainless steel O-rings and copper head gaskets to withstand cylinder pressure resulting from the turbocharger); cylinder heads (ported and outfitted with dual-coil valve springs and titanium retainers—support was added for the numbers 1 and 4 combustion chamber); camshaft drive gears (slotted to allow adjustments in camshaft phasing); and camshaft drive (stock timing chain, guides, and hydraulic tensioner). "We were able to start with a really good base engine package," said O'Blenes.

In addition to retaining stock components whenever possible, goals of the racing engine program centered on producing more than 447 kW (600 hp) for the Sunfire application (which uses no intercooler) and more than 522 kW (700 hp) for the Cavalier application (which allows an intercooler). The desired power band was targeted from 5500 to 9200 rpm. GM Racing also wanted the durability to make 25 full power sprints between engine rebuilds. The program exceeded on all counts.

Early in the race season, the power band was ranging between 5500 and 9700 rpm, while engine durability was allowing between 35 and 55 full passes between rebuilds. To reach over 578 kW (775 hp), three primary aspects were key to the power supply. "The heart of it is in the cylinder heads—machining the ports to increase the airflow; the camshaft profiles—more lift and more duration; and the turbo," said O'Blenes

If you count the engine block casting, and head casting as half the build, then its 50%?

The car runs on alcohol...that is just insane.

What was this thread about? I am confused.... :rolleyes:

http://www.applefritter.com/images/arguing-5194_640x480.jpg

graemlins/thatfunny.gif

Welcome to the board Tiff....