Anyone recommend a shop that does rear disc conversions?

Kuruma

Since I'm going to need to do the rear brakes on my probe eventually anyway, I was thinking of just getting a rear disc conversion done, so it would have the disc brakes that the GT model does. Any recommendations on who to go to, and what the cost might be?

Sorry for the potentially worthless reply, but if I was in your shoes, I would spend the money upgrading the front brakes. Rotors, pads, SS lines, perhaps bigger calipers and quality fluid flush.

Seems to me the money would be better invested that way, it would definitely stop better. (unless of course that is already done)

I dunno.. all wheel disc is sweet. My coug has sport package, the all wheel disc w/ the larger rotors.. the way this thing stops is amazing and has saved my ass quite a few times. Actually having people behind me have to swerve to avoid rear ending me, but I don't know if converting the rear to discs would benefit more or less than upgrading the front. The front are normally used more anyway correct? So that would make sense.

Oh, the front brakes are going to get their well-deserved attention as well, it's just that the GT models had all wheel discs, and I'd like to have that. Not just for the stopping power, but discs in general are just easier to work on then drum brakes in case anything needs replaced.

That, and the rear brakes are *OUT*. They need redone anyway :p

I can do the work but I am not sure that it is worth it, that car does not need any more brake that a good set of pads and some braided hoses and maybe vented rotors on the front could give you. I mean sure it would look cool but I would spend the money else where on the car first. My sugg would be repair the rear with quality oe grade stuff and adjust properly and it will be good

I can do the work but I am not sure that it is worth it, that car does not need any more brake that a good set of pads and some braided hoses and maybe vented rotors on the front could give you. I mean sure it would look cool but I would spend the money else where on the car first. My sugg would be repair the rear with quality oe grade stuff and adjust properly and it will be good

+1 It really wouldn't make a different, it would be a lot of money and a waste of it.

If you really need them i would go the junk yard route and do it yourself.

I once considered doing the swap on my Neon, I talked to a couple of guys on Neons.org and was told the only benefit was easier to replace the pads and the look of having the disc behind the rear wheels.. One guy weighed every thing for the disc conversion to the drum equipment and the total for the disc's were 14 lbs heavier. It might be different for a Probe but something you might consider.

I would spend the money somewhere else. Maybe another head to have ported out or other go faster goodies.