Question about the MSF Class...

SuBaruA

Hey,

I've been riding for a little bit now but to cure any uncertainty I have about taking the test I was interested in taking the MSF basic class. It seems as though the class is booked all the way to the end of the schedule though. I was wondering how I would go about attending? I'd like to go ASAP as classes will be starting soon but am unsure on how to go about signing up or walking in. How does the walk in policy work and/or what other options do I have?

Thanks in advance!

I walked in at the delaware class at the end of august. Get there 20 minutes early and wait. Whatever spots aren't filled promptly at the start of class are given to the walkins on a lottery basis. Our class had five open spots but six walkins waiting, my ticket got called for the last spot. My roommate did the same at the broad st. location, but there were twice as many walkins as open spots. This time of year you have a better chance of being a walkin. Lots of people just forget they made the appointment, back in march or now have scheduling conflicts or already got in as a walkin. Have 25 bucks with you, and maybe a check some of the sites don't take cash.

Its worth it, you'll learn at least something and you will pass the test no problem if you have already been riding for a while. There were chicks in our class that had never been on a bike and didn't understand the concept of shifting the first day.

If they don't pick your ticket in the lottery, don't panic. They'll let you stick around and take the 1st day of class. Show up to the 2nd day of class, and if someone doesn't show, you're in! That's how i got into the MSF class. 2 people didn't show up for the 2nd day.

Oh, bring a $25 check. I took mine on W broad and they wouldn't take any payment except for checks. No cash, no debit cards, and no credit cards.