Reminder, never assume, or take for granted

desperado

Well, I feel like a bit of an ass. I have rebuilt the carb on the Camaro 3 times now, assumed after teh third rebuild that the carb (650 Double Pumper) was simply too much carb and built a vac secondary out of the parts bins.

Slapped it on the car and found out that the fuel line I has was giving up. So I went and got a new one with a pressure gauge tap that I used to connect up my fuel pressure gauge. Now I have been having problems with the car being overly rich, bad problems. I have dropped down to 63 jets all around in the double pumper and was still blackining te plugs (damn rich) for you EFI guys this is the equivlant of going froma a fuel curve of a 350 HP motor and cranking it back to what a stock 305 would be getting. It's a BIG change from what it should be. And still I was rich. So I assumed that the carb was fucked up and pulled it. Never bothering to check the fuel pressure, figuring that a stock pump was right at 5 PSI and there was no need. I got everything on the car tonight including the fuel gauge, and fired it up to find I had 9.5 PSI offuel at idle and it would go to 12 PSI at 4500 RPM. It should be 4 to 6 I got double that.

I assumed I was ok, I wasn't, and it's created a big fucking headache for me. So never assume shit, if it could be wrong, it needs to be verified, hell even if you think there's no wasy for it to be wrong, check it anyhow. It will save you a bunch of time.

Well, I feel like a bit of an ass. I have rebuilt the carb on the Camaro 3 times now, assumed after teh third rebuild that the carb (650 Double Pumper) was simply too much carb and built a vac secondary out of the parts bins.

Slapped it on the car and found out that the fuel line I has was giving up. So I went and got a new one with a pressure gauge tap that I used to connect up my fuel pressure gauge. Now I have been having problems with the car being overly rich, bad problems. I have dropped down to 63 jets all around in the double pumper and was still blackining te plugs (damn rich) for you EFI guys this is the equivlant of going froma a fuel curve of a 350 HP motor and cranking it back to what a stock 305 would be getting. It's a BIG change from what it should be. And still I was rich. So I assumed that the carb was fucked up and pulled it. Never bothering to check the fuel pressure, figuring that a stock pump was right at 5 PSI and there was no need. I got everything on the car tonight including the fuel gauge, and fired it up to find I had 9.5 PSI offuel at idle and it would go to 12 PSI at 4500 RPM. It should be 4 to 6 I got double that.

I assumed I was ok, I wasn't, and it's created a big fucking headache for me. So never assume shit, if it could be wrong, it needs to be verified, hell even if you think there's no wasy for it to be wrong, check it anyhow. It will save you a bunch of time.

Life lessons from Desperado. Everyone better listen up...

Life lessons from Desperado. Everyone better listen up...

That's right damn it. Listen up, don't take anything for granted. You could end up running your freshly built car into a curb and fucking it up becuse you assumed that you were a mad tight drifter with uber mud racing skilz.

that why i call it fool pressure..your a fool if you don't know what it is!

Damn straight, spoken like a man that attempted to burn his shit to the ground more than once due to too much fuel.

Damn straight, spoken like a man that attempted to burn his shit to the ground more than once due to too much fuel.

yea but mine was a issue with the rear float creaping up.gauge's speak the truth.....in some case's ...know put something to gether to race! i fixxed my shit just have to jet it down a little more and play with the pump cam's some more....got any BTW?

yea but mine was a issue with the rear float creaping up.gauge's speak the truth.....in some case's ...know put something to gether to race! i fixxed my shit just have to jet it down a little more and play with the pump cam's some more....got any BTW?

Can we get this man the MIP (Most Improved Poster) award? Seriously, I only had to read it twice to understand what he meant!

That's right damn it. Listen up, don't take anything for granted. You could end up running your freshly built car into a curb and fucking it up becuse you assumed that you were a mad tight drifter with uber mud racing skilz.

Man You got me, I was drifting.