fmu issues

Guest mudbutt

Im working on an 01 jetta 2.0 with a turbo kit. Under boost the pressure rises just as it should but the a/f on the wideband doesnt get rich. I dont know if it is from the wideband being so close to the cat, but this doesnt make much sense. Any input is appreciated.

Joel,

If you can get acess to a VAGCOM, there is free software that can modify (%) wise, injectors, maf, etc. I think its downloadable from ATP or ECS, maybe GIAC? It's weird as shit, but there if you want to go that route.

I stil have a 2.0 woorkhorse, and I can barrow my buddys 1.8t if you need anything, have the shop manuals for both.

How was EFI101?

we made that suggestion to him for the future. I do know fmus suck, but he already had it. Ive had cars go not as rich as I wanted under boost with stupid pressures, but it was as if this fucker was doing nothing. I do hate them and their assorted issues, but in SOME cases it is one of very few options, epecially when the others arent practical.....

Semirelated. There is a company that makes an emanage-esq piggyback, that does fuel and timing, it wasnt pms. Anyone know the brand? I need something to do 8 cyl distributor for our upcomming dodge truck kits. THere really isnt a way to tune them via flash, the manifold has chambers and wouldnt be to kind to extra injectors and emanage wont do 8 cyl distributor.

Doug, Im about to make a 2.4 ga kit for a guy and possibly put into production. Get with me for some input.

What is the Fuel to Boost ratio of the FMU? Usually if you see the increase in fuel pressure and your still lean then your Fuel Pump is not giving enough volumn to feed that pressure.

If pressure isnt falling then there is enough volume. If there wasnt enough volume it wouldnt be able to maintain pressure.