Need header install help this weekend

clayton006

Hello,

I have a set of Pace setter long tube headers for my 95 Trans Am. They are in my parents house and I need to get them out this weekend.

I need someone to help me to install these. I have all of the parts. I just don't have a garrage or a tools to do this install.

I can pay well for help with this project.

Please e-mail me or PM me.

clayton_cell@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Clayton

LT1 headers are a notorious BITCH! If I didn't have a sonoma that I was replacing the engine on at the moment I would help you out. If you can hang on for another week or so I could probably help you out as I have done this activity before. Do you have O2 extensions (not the crappy pacesetter ones), better header gaskets Felpro 1407 or 1462, the ones with the D ports (I cannot remember part number), better header bolts, new spark plugs, and MSD plug wires or some other high temp wires (for the love of GOD not Accel)? These are all pretty much important to have when doing headers. Get all these things, and then you will be set, LOL.

Oh wait, one more thing that I forgot, Do you have a y-pipe of some sort because the O2 sensors on the pacesetters are right at the end, and the car will run like major crap if you don't have something to hookup behind them

he has the pace setter y-pipe... the install really isn't that bad. I really don't know why so many people complain about it. I've done several installs of these headers in a few hours.

Clayton, sorry I haven't called you back, I've been crazy busy.

That is because there is not a lot of room to work in, it is pretty easy to break stuff, and many times the removal of the old manifolds takes a fair amount of patience. I put mine on in a day, so it is not the hardest job in the world by any means, it is just not a walk in the park. I don't think that anything under 5 hours is possible without a lift.

That is because there is not a lot of room to work in, it is pretty easy to break stuff, and many times the removal of the old manifolds takes a fair amount of patience. I put mine on in a day, so it is not the hardest job in the world by any means, it is just not a walk in the park. I don't think that anything under 5 hours is possible without a lift.

we did Shawn's in about 4 hours ;)

the biggest problem is making sure that PB Blaster is sprayed all over EVERYTHING to break all the rust loose... other than that, not really that big of a deal

• 1 year later...
Sorry for reviving a dead thread. Just wanted to give an update. I ended up selling the headers for cash, but now I'm going to look to install another set soon. Could anyone around the area help with that for a little cash? I'd be game to meet some new people out of this!