New monitor

GRN96WS6

So about a week and a half ago my monitor blew up on me, :( it was a 10 year old CRT. I had been looking at LCD's recently and I guess it knew and decided to give up to the ghost. So I began my search at work for a nice LCD. I talked to a few people and a gentleman here at work told me about this westinghouse monitor he had, at first I was like :rolleyes: but I heard him out anyway. It was on sale at Best buy for $230 and I went to look at it and decided to purchase it online at Best Buy.

I got it and it said it had a VGA cable included but it doesn't so remember that if you buy this monitor. I got the monitor and borrowed a cable from work until mine comes in later tonight, so I could get it up and running get it adjusted and make sure everything worked on it. I really like this monitor it's a widescreen 17" and its highest resolution is 1280X768 which is nice and it also has VGA and DVI. :cool: After a few days with this monitor I'd recommend it to someone if they asked me about it.

Here are the specifications on it from the westinghouse website, if you want check out the 37" LCD monitor as well you can get it on ebay for under $1700 NEW You will need a external tuner like a HD cable box or satellite dish box but my g/f's dad has it and it's nice!

Here is the item on best buy's site, you'll notice the price has gone up and that's because it was on sale last week. If you look I'm sure it will be on sale again but even at $250 its a steal IMO. I checked ebay and this monitor wasn't common on there.

Here are some pics of it on my desk at home.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Feel free to ask questions and if I know the answer I'll answer them.

I was going to get a 19" from gateway since we have the discount from school, but I didn't want to psned $300+ on one. :( I have no need for dual monitors I only use that pc for misc things online and papers. I don't play games or anything so I didn't need something drastic. Overall I'm happy though.

I've been looking at some 19" LCD's lately. I may look into one sooner rather than later. Specifically, the mopnitors I'm looknig at have a DVI connection and a response time of 8ms, for gaming.

I'm particularrily eyeing the CMV CT-934D, the Acer AL1914smd (prob my choice), BenQ FP91G+

look here for 19" LCD's