Useless information thread

SPLN SUX

a whole bunch of worthless info that I just decided to remember someday ...

-- only 6,252 Monte Carlo Aerocoupes were made.

-- one of the ways to determine if an 87 monte was made early or late in the year is the spoiler. If it is a lay down spoiler it was made toward the beginning of 87 and the stand up was made toward towards the end of the year.

-- SS Monte's where available only 70-71 and 83-88 aerocoupes are only 86-87 and only came into production so GM could use them in NASCAR.

-- engines in the SS montes where 70-71 454 BBC (LS5) and 83-88 305 SMC (L69)

-- Monte Carlos where originally an A-body as a type of luxury chevell and made to go after Pontiac Grand Prix's, and later,the Thunderbird in the 80's. It was moved to follow the G-body line in the 80's and in the 90's followed the W-body line.

YOU SHOULD ALL LIKE THIS

-- In '87 when GM cancelled the Buick Grand National, they kept the plant running until December, and all of the GNs built after August were still labeled as '87 models. We who owned them called them '87.5s to distinguish them from the regular '87s. It is interesting to note that Monte Carlo SS's were also built in the Flint plant alongside the GNs, and those built after August were indeed labelled as '88s! It would be possible to have an '87 GN that was actually built later than an '88 Monte Carlo!

and sadly enough now it's the Monte Carlo SS in 2004 that GM has said would go after the Mustang GT.

oh yeah and the last Monte Carlo, G-body, RWD rolled off the assembly line on December 14th, 1987 But it was completely assembled on the 11th ... all the 88's are merely 87's that hadn't been sold as 87's. Nothing different aside from spoiler between the 87 and 88.

there ya go, lots of useless info for most of you. I knew it'd come in handy somewhere ... I know a bunch more too if you're really interested PM me haha.