Shep hit's 7's

ChevyMan1972

I don't get the :rolleyes: That Sunfire was significantly quicker, and going fast costs $$.

Have you ever been to a NDRA/Nopi event? These guys run million dollar+ factory backed operations, ride out of $250k trailors and have back up race cars. This guy runs a single man operation with 1 or 2 volunteers out of his own pocketbook, actually shifts his car down the track, and his car still weighs about 600 lbs more than them.

Trust me, its just a matter of time before the NDRA changes the rules to give the GM cars more of an advantage. I'm sure they are very scared right now.

I don't think there is some guy with a $250,000 operation beating people that have million dollar operations for something as doing 1/4 mile passes.

I mean that'd be as absurd as a turbo'd civic beating a cammed Z06 spraying. no offense but in this 'business' money talks and bullshit walks. Everyone is competing with the same regulations and everyone has good and bad days.

John Sheppard is undoubtly a hell of a guy with a hell of a team, but I doubt he's funding things with so much less money or setups than anyone else is.

Guest Ponyfreak
The other car was not that much faster.... Granted, getting .13 second @ sub 7 second ET's is really tough, but the other car only went a 7.84 @ 187. Not that much faster than that DSM... Big time achievement for shephard racing!!!

Guest TGrant
I don't think there is some guy with a $250,000 operation beating people that have million dollar operations for something as doing 1/4 mile passes.

I mean that'd be as absurd as a turbo'd civic beating a cammed Z06 spraying. no offense but in this 'business' money talks and bullshit walks. Everyone is competing with the same regulations and everyone has good and bad days.

John Sheppard is undoubtly a hell of a guy with a hell of a team, but I doubt he's funding things with so much less money or setups than anyone else is.

OK

Gee, a few choice sponsor bucks, revenue from his own business (him and a couple employee's)

VS

GM

Yeah obviously he has just as much moolah floating around.

I heard last month he made a few concept vehicles for the hell of it when he was done washing the ferrari's

The GM platforms also run meth, pure methonal.

I think shep's on C16, still an unleaded petrol base.

Biggg world of differance.

I was a J-Body buff a while back and still follow it now and then, and unless something has changed recently, the Cavalier runs alcohol... 1300hp on 2000cc's will do that to ya. The Twin Charged Sunfire still runs race gas.

BUT, things always change... i hate change.... :o