I'm starting my project next month. Volunteers?

MrMeanGreen

Thanks Austin, but this will be done with my block. I'm just looking for the rest of the parts to finish it :)

Here's this if you want it. This is the route I'll eventually go. Building it myself would take too much time and effort.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1180520&forum_id=86

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Austin, but this will be done with my block. I'm just looking for the rest of the parts to finish it :)

You do know that the 97-98 blocks are, well, junk, right? You can't do a safe service bore on them, only a service hone. The 97-98 liners are too thin.

With you being boosted, I wouldn't take the chance, there is a lot of money at stake here.

my advice is spend some extra money (oh lord not extra money) and have a good machinist assemble the short block the most likely canidate would be whoever you have balance the reciprocating assembly. I'm not going to recomend a shop becuase everyone has a favorite do some research and the pick the one that best suits your application you'll be far happier with the results of your project.

good luck !

Oh and I second that notion.

Post up some pictures when its together so you can officially bench race with it. :)

Oh, anthony. I just remembered. You should try out the new World Products block and Heads for me. The block is 6 bolts/cylinder as opposed to the normal 4/cylinder. They are also offering LS7/C5R style heads to compliment the block. It accepts up to a 4.250 stoke crank, and I believe, 4.125 bore. It looks like this combo would hold some serious boost. Just a thought. They're set to debut at SEMA this year.

Probably mid-November and stripping it down to the shortblock. It's going to Phillips to be dipped and magnafluxed, the rotating assembly balanced and crank polished, and reassembled.

I still need to shop around for some valvetrain parts that will handle repeated 7000 RPM shifts. I'm debating now on the TH-400 w/ trans brake too. I'll have to see :)

Probably mid-November and stripping it down to the shortblock. It's going to Phillips to be dipped and magnafluxed, the rotating assembly balanced and crank polished, and reassembled.

I still need to shop around for some valvetrain parts that will handle repeated 7000 RPM shifts. I'm debating now on the TH-400 w/ trans brake too. I'll have to see :)

If you don't want/need overdrive, then slip and slide with a powerglide! It takes so much less power to turn and weighs next to nothing compared to a TH400.

The old rule of thumb for switching to a glide was, any faster than 10.00 or lighter than 3000lbs. You'll definatly be in the neighborhood.

Nice, can you get on with decent looking welds?

The pics there are from their preliminary kit they used just to get fitment and routing right. The kits now being Beta tested are in better form with better welds/components.

I'm looking forward to final details and numbers. One guy running a forged 346 setup with the Stage 1 turbo (T-80 equivalent) on 16psi made 789rwhp, 688rwtq. On 16psi and a 50 shot he made 859rwhp and 786rwtq.

This is why I have a feeling I'll need a TH-400 for a tranny and a 12-bolt rear end, no skimping. I plan on having the block hold 30psi and run 20psi (850-900rwhp) in race trim with C-16 fuel, 10-12psi (500-550rwhp) in street trim on 94 octane. A methanol kit will be a definite also.