Fastest Mitsubishi Eclipse in the world!

ChevyMan1972

Fastest 4 bangger in the world.

If a little old stock block 2.0l with stock crank and what old schoolers would consider a mild port on the stock head, whats keeping you back?(pointing at all the V8 guys reading this)

That's why we run 4's at 130+ MPH. :)

Or faster than that N/A w/ 500ci. :)

Or "street" cars into the 5's. :)

Or if you want newer stuff, a thrown together LS1 has went faster. :)

Show me 1, just one stock block and crank v8 that is easy to get, cheap, and can make the power to diplacement ratio of a 4g. 6.9@198mph, well be conservative and say the car is putting is making 1200whp, consevative to help you guys out.

So thats ruffly 600WHP per Liter, stock block and crank. Go ahead boys, let me see what you got.

Show me 1, just one stock block and crank v8 that is easy to get, cheap, and can make the power to diplacement ratio of a 4g. 6.9@198mph, well be conservative and say the car is putting is making 1200whp, consevative to help you guys out.

So thats ruffly 600WHP per Liter, stock block and crank. Go ahead boys, let me see what you got.

Wheel to Wheel's LS1 project went 6.86 @ 205 so far, with more left to go. Factory block, aftermarket crank (because really, it would be freaking RETARDED to push the limits of a stock crank when there are so many really good cranks out there). No one in the V8 world cares about pushing a stock crank; we actually have enough aftermarket support that doesn't require us to. And now the new World LSx blocks are coming out, there won't be a reason to push the stock block either. :)

Please tell me you aren't one of those HP/Liter fags that think the x car is better because it makes more per liter.

Nope, fast is fast. But it is fun to see if how the simmilar build V8's can not keep up in that catagory. Japs just make some efficient shit.

The stock crank I feel is not being pushed, it was just an overbuilt motor in the first place, but in the same token, I sure it would be more difficult to hold less power per ci because the crankshaft is longer and obviously has more mass to keep together.