Anyone do media blasting?

Tinman

I cant do media yet, but do sandblasting. In your case for the aluminum hood, I would use chemical stripper.

I may go that route, I'd like to avoid the mess though. Plus it will be difficult to get between the bottom of the hood and the underbracing.

Anyone know of a chemical stripper for powder coat?

Can powder coating be stripped?

I thought that sense the charged particles of paint bonded much stonger with the part, then traditional paint, which means it could not be simply wiped up with a chemical reaction.

I could be wrong, which I am sure I am, but it seems that sense you take the paint, that has a lot of electrons, and the metal, which is charged to help give it more electron affinity, which creates a sort of ionic bond, pretty strong bond, that the paint seemily becoming not just a layer, but more of a bond. Kinda like when they say you scratch powder coating, you are really indenting the metal alloy. But again there are some strong chemical reactions out there, so who knows.

I thought that sense the charged particles of paint bonded much stonger with the part, then traditional paint, which means it could not be simply wiped up with a chemical reaction.

I could be wrong, which I am sure I am, but it seems that sense you take the paint, that has a lot of electrons, and the metal, which is charged to help give it more electron affinity, which creates a sort of ionic bond, pretty strong bond, that the paint seemily becoming not just a layer, but more of a bond. Kinda like when they say you scratch powder coating, you are really indenting the metal alloy. But again there are some strong chemical reactions out there, so who knows.

Speaking of that do you still have the number to the place that powder coated your IC pipes? They may be of some help.

Damn, this sounds like something that I would say.

And just so you know, the reason for charging parts that you are powder coatsing is so the powder will stick to the part until it's baked on hard. The baking on is what makes it stick to the part that is coated. The powder melts and flows out from the baking heat.

As far as removing it. Sandblasting will take it right off.

Damn, this sounds like something that I would say.

And just so you know, the reason for charging parts that you are powder coatsing is so the powder will stick to the part until it's baked on hard. The baking on is what makes it stick to the part that is coated. The powder melts and flows out from the baking heat.

As far as removing it. Sandblasting will take it right off.

Shrug*

The is a*reason* it sticks...I tried to explain it to some degree. The baking I believe creates somesort or thermo bond, Berto might know better then me.

I figured I would ask. I don't know of any way to get it off other than blasting it. The pieces are aluminum and I don't want to use sand becasue I worry about pitting. So I am looking for someone who uses plastic or walnut media.

I would take them to reddi strip but they wanted too much last time I checked.

Just saw the part on them doing blasting. I will have to give them a ring.