Anyone modify Saturns?

rogue male

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looks like noone really mods Saturns. That's too bad. I think they have a lot of potential for a four cylinder and don't look bad either. They really don't have any good aftermarket support but they are pretty easy to work on and parst and cars are cheap. Figured I'd pitch my thoughts on the car. Maybe bring some people over to the dark side ;)

Guest mudbutt

This shit is so funny. Race Rogue Male. I SMOKED this guy. bus, no wait, building lengths :)

Glad to see you're alive man. This is Joel with the Gray mk3. Have you discovered the beauty of race gas and more timing yet? ;)

If you are looking to modify an 1.9 S-series (SL/SC), don't waste your money. The pre-Ecotec engines will not support much. The 2.2 Ecotec introduced in the L-series and Ion have bottom ends strong enough to support 300WHP.

Saturn then got the brilliant idea to supercharge the Ecotec, but made it a smaller 2.0 liter version.

Anything can be made fast. It just depends on how much money you're willing to put into it. Yes, I had a saturn, and tried some simple and cheap stuff, but none of it really worked. Moding a saturn is very similar to modding a honda, except you're gonna have a more difficult time finding pre-fabed parts. Most of the stuff you're gonna need you're gonna have to make, or have made. Like I said, it's all relatitive to how much you want to spend.

This shit is so funny. Race Rogue Male. I SMOKED this guy. bus, no wait, building lengths :)

Glad to see you're alive man. This is Joel with the Gray mk3. Have you discovered the beauty of race gas and more timing yet? ;)

Race gas in a Saturn? Sounds like a waste of money to me ;) 93 octane is all I have ever and it makes enough power for me. Saturns are fun especially from highway rolls that's where they tend to have the advantage. I'm thinking of adding the injen intake for some extra power up top to cut down on those building length leads pepole tend to get on me ;)

I'm trying to get into DSMs for something different. I have a 91 DSM but it's a lot different from the Saturn so I'm having trouble getting it going. It's in storage over the winter until I can get the rest of the parts over the winter.

FWD has the advantage from a roll over an AWD anyday. That's a fact. It takes a lot more whp for an AWD car to keep up. Plus there's the weight advantage. RWD is awesome no doubt especially since they tend to come with V8s and it's not very hard to make them fast at all.

I've seen a Saturn beat a bolt-on 4th gen SS camaro before and i've personally beat a honda civic with some mods and a srt-4 (which had 4 people in the car). I think that a well built Saturn can be very competive from a roll. Time, money and knowledge are all one needs to make a fast car.

I can't wait to put on my next bolt-on; lowering springs! That should help with my aerodynamics from like 70mph on, every little bit helps.

FWD has the advantage from a roll over an AWD anyday. That's a fact. It takes a lot more whp for an AWD car to keep up. Plus there's the weight advantage. RWD is awesome no doubt especially since they tend to come with V8s and it's not very hard to make them fast at all.

I've seen a Saturn beat a bolt-on 4th gen SS camaro before and i've personally beat a honda civic with some mods and a srt-4 (which had 4 people in the car). I think that a well built Saturn can be very competive from a roll. Time, money and knowledge are all one needs to make a fast car.

I can't wait to put on my next bolt-on; lowering springs! That should help with my aerodynamics from like 70mph on, every little bit helps.

I could take a large dump, build a big motor and put some wheels on it, and with enough money, it would probably smoke most anything it went against. That doesn't mean I should be building up a piece of shit (literally or figuretively). There is nothing impressive about Saturns, from a perfomance standpoint. They aren't fast, they don't have a lot of potential, and have never been meant to. FWD econoboxes, not race cars!

Anything can be made fast. It just depends on how much money you're willing to put into it. Yes, I had a saturn, and tried some simple and cheap stuff, but none of it really worked. Moding a saturn is very similar to modding a honda, except you're gonna have a more difficult time finding pre-fabed parts. Most of the stuff you're gonna need you're gonna have to make, or have made. Like I said, it's all relatitive to how much you want to spend.

That car had about 3k total invested in it.