86 Toyota Corolla SR5 (AE86)

Tinman

The ultimate winter beater, 38mpg, rear wheel drive, 5 speed.

I've had this car for about 9 months and have had no problems to speak of with it. It does have it's issues but it has been my daily driver up untill now. But I have too many cars in the driveway and one of them has to go.

The bad, the speedometer quit working about a month and a half ago at 161k, I suspect the speedo cable is bad. The parking brake doesn't work, once again cable related. A/C does not work, the carb could use a rebuild but drives fine, the valves could use an adjustment, and the rear fenders are pretty rusty.

The good, it's very solid underneath, power moonroof works, plenty of tread on the all season tires, great gas mileage, and needs nothing to keep driving.

Asking $900 or trade for late 70s early 80s japanese 500-900cc motorcycle in good running condition.

Pics will be up later today

Her good side

http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u=302631HmIW&i=240343

Her bad side

http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u=302631HmIW&i=240344

1.5 liters of fury

http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u=302631HmIW&i=240345

Also forgot in my first post, the fuel gauge only works from 3/8ths of a tank to empty. Not a big deal as you know when your approaching an empty tank.

Also forgot in my first post, the fuel gauge only works from 3/8ths of a tank to empty. Not a big deal as you know when your approaching an empty tank.

That's a common problem among Corolla owners. Mine worked like that for a while, but it got so low it was below E and is just stuck there now. I just refill every 260 miles.

would you be willing to trade for anything? I dunno like tires or wheels? I have aset of 18x10 and 18x8 with a 5x114.3 lug pattern. I seem to have a bunch of car stuff laying around lately, mostly turbo related, and am in need of a winter beater badly. Just let me knwo if you're willing to trade for anything, i might have it. Thanks

would you be willing to trade for anything? I dunno like tires or wheels? I have aset of 18x10 and 18x8 with a 5x114.3 lug pattern. I seem to have a bunch of car stuff laying around lately, mostly turbo related, and am in need of a winter beater badly. Just let me knwo if you're willing to trade for anything, i might have it. Thanks

What are the offsets on the wheels? If they are correct for my rx7s we may be able to work something out.

they are about a 35-40ish in the rear and mabye 40 up front? The fronts are very high. I'll see if i can get some pics posted of them on my car. I really love them, but i really need a winter car. I also have 2 30mm spacers and 2 1inch spacers. I use the one inch up front to clear my coilovers and the 30mm on the rear because i accedently pulled out my rear fender's too far...

unfourtunetly, some guy just came on buy and bought my other set of wheels, so now i need these ones... But i'm gunna try and find some other wheels to throw on my car and then mbaye you'll still have this one for sale. I'm real sorry about this, and im pretty upset, but i needed the money for some things that came up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...