2 weeks

Guest Rane

We have a defense...Hurt running back, QB thats choking and a shitty coach.

If heart is healthy or underwood runs good we have a hude advantage. Otherwise, were in for some trouble. I doubt gin is going to be wide open 32984724 yards down field against our DB's like he is against these shitty teams you guys play all year.

All I know, is both our offenses suck. You have good linebackers and bad db's, we have good db's and well rounded linebackers/linemen(dunno bout your linemen). Your QB Sucks slightly worse then ours, but your wide outs make him look good. Breaston just started doing good again recently and avant is always there for good plays.

Gonna turn into, Breaston/Avant vs. Crap DB's. And Ginn/Holmes vs some Good DB's should be fun to watch.

Prediction= #56 or #99 takes Troy Smith out of the game when he tries his only move...to spin. Hit hard while spinning by woodley or woods, and in comes your back up.

Anyone else?

If heart is healthy or underwood runs good we have a hude advantage.

Uh, just exactly how do you figure that? OSU has, what, the third best defense in the nation and, what, is first against the run? You could have Barry Sanders running for you and still have a tough go at it, given how stout OSU's defense is. So, no huge advantage for you there, ever.

All I know, is both our offenses suck...Your QB Sucks slightly worse then ours, but your wide outs make him look good.

Actually, only UM's offense sucks. OSU has scored over 40 points in like three straight games and has been steadily climbing the national ranks in terms of total offense. Additionally, Troy Smith is actually ranked 4th in the nation in passing efficiency, and he sucked so bad last year against UM that he only managed to single-handedly amass nearly 400 yards in offense. So, who sucks again?

If heart is healthy or underwood runs good we have a hude advantage. Otherwise, were in for some trouble. I doubt gin is going to be wide open 32984724 yards down field against our DB's like he is against these shitty teams you guys play all year.

I'm wondering who all of these "shitty teams" OSU is playing compared to Michigan are?

Incase you haven't been watching Ginn really hasn't had that many great receptions or td catches. Hes been double covered on the regular. He however has been pwning the special teams of just about everyone as of late. I'm not giong to get all that gun ho about our offense, putting up big points on IU and Illinois really isn't saying much. We struggled against solid defenses like Penn State and TX. Northwestern doesn't have that great of a defense so i'm hoping we'll contain that offense of theirs and come away with the win. I'm not going to look past them b/c they've proven they can put up big number and they had a much easier time scoring on MSU and PSU than we did. I'm hoping we get lucky so that PennState loses, we win the last two games and we can meet back up with Miami in the orange bowl. That would be tits.

And how are we having a bad year? OSU lost to Penn State and Texas. I would much rather lose to Texas, a team that is ranked #2 and still undefeated and Penn State who is undefeated in their division than to Minnesota (unranked on game day) or Notre Dame (#20 on game day).

Ginn is faster than *...true story.

OSU>UM

Didn't Ginn run track or somthing and placed first in national rankings, making him the fastest man in college football?

He was/is a track star but at the collegiate level he had to chose between track or football. Lucky for us he went football. They were talking olympic medals in his near future if he went track.

EDIT: http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=8&c=1&nid=413426

am I the only one who has picked up on the fact that AJ Hawk is a top 5 draft choice? Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN's draft/rookie analyst said if he were arranging the draft choices, it'd be 1-Reggie Bush 2-AJ Hawk 3-Matt Leinart (no teams mentioned, he was just making a point). AJ Hawk is going to RAPE Henne. And if it comes down to Smith getting hit and getting up, and Henne getting hit and getting up, I'm gonna go with Smith getting up first. Smith also has a better passer rating, higher yards-per-attempt, and despite having only as many attempts as Henne has completions (160), he is only 300 yards behind in passing yards. He's 13-3 on TD-INT, where Henne is 16-7. That's just talking about whats in the pocket.

OSU has six players that consistently make big plays and get TDs. UMich has a lot of players that have caught one, or rushed one in. This can be interpreted in any way you want it. You could say that it makes UMich a more versatile team where everyone is a threat. To me, it means that UMich's defense is going to have one hell of a time trying to stop six guys they know can pull big plays out of their asses consistently.

And yes, I did look up statistics for this post so I wouldn't sound like a tool making shit up.

Were about even on everything, like I was saying.

And you guys even said we suck, thus you suck along with us. Gonna be a defensive/big play game.

And before everyone tells me how fast ginn is, They said on T.V. that #11 on your team was faster then him. They said both the coach and ginns dad told them #11 is faster then him. Sometimes I think OSU is fully of shit when they talk about there players.

Your number one advantage is that MICH can't cover spread offense due to the way were coached. Its been proven in years past that your #1 ranked linebackers can't shut down our running backs as bad as they do everyone else. In this game a 100yd rushing game IS going to be a big advantage over a 30 yard rushing game. Your leading rusher is your quarter back, and that will also be our biggest problem. If someone doesn't put a thought in his head early about what its going to feel likle trying to run and spin all day he is going to be giving you guys the advantage.

Biggest advantage of the year though, Is were in ann arbor. See'ing as were almost equal in most positions. Avant is one of the best at catching the football (Not the fastest or flashiest reciever but he can catch anything.) Breaston is FAST And our freshman recievers have made some Edwards type plays this year. You guys have Ginn who is faster then Breaston but likes to drop punts, you have holmes, who cant catch as good as avant but has more big play potential, and you have #11 who drops in for some wild plays.

We have better running backs, our 4th string is probably better then pittman I rarely see pittman get down field unless its 100% blocking. Once you guys put in the boy from independence I'll stop bs'ing you about your rb's. Smith makes up for it when he takes off and gains yards. But you better hope hes not overexcited and running on everyplay. Our QB CAN throw better, he proved this last year, however without Edwards he is not doing very well and he is basically immobile.

Our LB's are good, maybe not as good as yours, but trust me we have some good linebackers. And your db's are horrible, when healthy we have one of the best secondary.

Looking at numbers only gets you so far, watch the players play.

How are you having a bad year?? The same way we are, neither of us can outright win the Big ten(maybe a possiblity but not likely.) neither of us have a chance at nation titles. That to me is a bad year. Minn. Has an ok team, though I would have rather lost texas or psu your right. But I'd rather lose to ND over Texas and PSU, shit if they would have beat USC god knows what they'd be ranked. And they pretty much got fucked over in that game.

Neither of our teams are living up to there legacy. I am just the one to admit it.

Who do you guys think takes a bigger blow next year in terms of losing players ;)?

Rane, you make good points, but don't try to campare linebackers. 'Nuff said. :)

As far as Minn and ND having good teams? True, but as good as Texas? No. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, but you're right. Neither team won out right and thats a fact.

Also Tressel has lost only 1 to UM since coaching for Ohio State. I'd like to think that he knows what he gets paid to do. You yourself said UM's coaching staff could improve.

Ginn is faster the Gonzalez, problem is you double up on Ginn that leaves Gonzalez AND Holmes in 1 on 1 coverage and I like those odds. If you don't double up on Ginn he's got the 1 on 1 and I'll put my money on him burning any CB in the NCAA in a straight shot to the goal line, although he doesn't always get that straight shot. In a full out sprint that boy can turn on the jets.

And no 10xworse, you're not the only one. I just consider him, Carpenter and Schlegel "given's". Throw in Kudla and Pitcock up front with Salley and Youboty lurking in the back? Forget about it!

Our DB's are in no way "horrible". It's hard to rack up good stats when our LB's have your QB on his ass 85% of the time.

OSU will donkey punch Ann Arbor.