Chicago....

Akula

I was there just two weeks ago. Great city, love it.

Though I'm not a fan of the deep dish pizza, Chicago's known for it, so, if you like it, definitely get some. However, I will strongly concur with one of DJ's points - going to the Sears Tower is a must.

If you are into nightlife, you might want to check out Level - it's a club, fairly trendy, a few levels. Be prepared for lots of "house" (i.e., techno) music, though.

Rush Street has a lot of bars, but it's kind of "campusy." I guess you go there when you just want to drink and get fucked up - it's a younger, less sophisticated crowd.

BTW, right after stepping out of a cab on Rush Street, I look up and see a fucking Gallardo. And parked just behind it? Oh, a Modena. I was like, "Uh, Vettes are weaksauce."

Are you going to be downtown or in the burbs? Be ready for our traffic.

Going out....go to the North Side, Wriglyville, yes by Wrigly Field, TONS of bars, clubs, live music....watch out for boys town, unless thats your thing.

Museums...have the Shedd Aqurium, Field/Science, Art...

Thats my turf.... The largest mall is right there, out of the millions here in Chicagoland, but alot of resturant/brewries right there. Not much to do in Schaumburg accept go shopping.

id say go to the hancock tower too if you can...imo much better view than that of the sears tower. Not as long of a wait either.

There is also a restaurant owned by Mike Ditka that was pretty neat. I think it is called "Ditkas" or something to that. Oh and like everyone said the pizza, I cant think of the original deep dish pizza place but whatever it is it was good.

edit: just read a previous post Giordanno's is the pizza place.

Next time I'll make sure i take into account your feelings and your ever watchfull eye over my grammer and spelling. I'm blessed to have you there to keep me in line i dont know what i would do with out you. You are here by added to my mailing list.

Bet you can't wait for christmas now. (oh the glory it iwll be to recive a card from me):cool:

Oh my god, reading about all this food is making me hungry! Seriously, go to Portillo's and get a Chicago style hot dog. It's a chain and they're all over. While Giordano's does make a good pizza, I prefer Lou Malnati's, which is a little harder to come by, but worth it if you can find one. Also, head down to the loop and go to the top of the Sears Tower. And hit up the bars and clubs in Wrigleyville, although if you're staying in Schaumburg, that is a little bit of a trek. I also usually tell people to check out the metro section of the Chicago Tribune before they go, cause there's always some band or some kind of cool performance going on. Better yet, you should go eat here! :D

Portillos is a must.You got to get some deep dish pizza and hit the Hancock Tower.I go about 4 or 5 times a year for work but I hate BIG Citys.A guy I know paid $80k for a parking space Downtown but last time I had to park there it cost $30.00 a day so try not to take a car with you.Taxis or I go Limo its usually cheaper for a longer trip around town.

deep. dish. pizza.

nuff said.

oh yeah, go to the top of the sears tower. thats one big stinkin building.

Yea, I am in Chicago right now. THe deep dish pizza is the shiznit..

But make sure you go through the city..It is hella big compared to Columbus.

so the main consensus is the only thing to do in chicago is eat

i stayed up in arlington heights (about ~5 min from schaumburg) when i went to chicago in june. i could live somewhere like that, since its 20-30 min from the city. downtown chicago is nuts there. i would never think of living in a city like that. i had to stop somewhere on my way home downtown to get some popcorn for someone @ my work (i guess this is a chicago only thing)...i will never go into downtown chicago again

I cannot believe I posted a thread about me becoming an "ethical" hacker and you all told me to go to the sears tower and eat pizza.

Crazy.

Anyway, I am at the airport (free wifi rulz) and my flight is uber delayed. I plan on drinking more when I get there (drinking columbus pale ale now) and getting some of that pizza. I was on a submarine so I probably won't go to the sears tower (I like depths better than heights).

Since we found that CNN can't post the right pic of deer/elk/moose, you could go see,....

ELK in Elk Grove, IL. It's just down the road from Schaumburg. Its in a park district / conservation area. Its on the corner of Route 72 (Higgins Road) and Arlington Hieghts Road, Northwest Corner. Its part of the Busse Woods Forest Preserve.

i stayed up in arlington heights (about ~5 min from schaumburg) when i went to chicago in june. i could live somewhere like that, since its 20-30 min from the city. downtown chicago is nuts there. i would never think of living in a city like that. i had to stop somewhere on my way home downtown to get some popcorn for someone @ my work (i guess this is a chicago only thing)...i will never go into downtown chicago again

Seriously? I loved it downtown - it was just hectic enough for me. I enjoyed the faster pace - it wasn't so fast as to be overwhelming, but definitely a few steps quicker overall than Columbus.

Chicago is like Columbus on steroids. I like them both, and I wouldn't mind living in Chicago. There's still a mentality of Midwestern sensibility about the place.