hinds motorsports

bigbluebird

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets get back to Hinds.

I was at Speed Factory today and my buddy that works there said he got a call about a 500cc Aprillia Scooter Price. This guy was at Hinds and wanted to see what kind of price SF could give him. Hinds was asking $7200 firm. Well it retails for, Get this, $6200 and it was an 06'. WTF?

when i bought my kawi 07 ex250 there they said they could not move an inch on the price. then a week later the bike goes on special for 100 less than i paid. i mean sure it was only a hundred bucks but it still sucks.

Now this is going to sound odd but if you ever want to see what nice service at a motorcycle dealership is, go to a Harley shop. In almost everyone i was in there is always free coffee and since i collect key chains for my dad i often ask for one. and never have i ever once not been given (yes given without purchase of anything totally free) a keychain promptly. in one case they were out of their freebee cheap plastic key chains so they gave me again free a nice one with a carabineer on it.

And for when someone says the obvious yes I know coffee and key chains are not free and that every penny that goes into those is a penny that does not go into the dealership.

I am just saying that hinds does not give me that friendly service feeling for a lot of reason and to be honest most of them are petty but some like a rodent nest and how they dealt with it are not.

wow not one person with a good experience there? Looks like expect to see that place go down sometime in 2009 lol

Well there are a few on here that say they are tops. Im just not one of them.

Go take a look for yourself and see what you think. Just be prepared and check prices out when you get home.

• 4 weeks later...

My $.02 about Hinds... When Joyce was there, it was a good place. I remember Hinds being really cool when I was at OSU in the early 90s. When they moved up to Lewis Center, I dealt with Joyce via our shop a lot of times. I think they had a decent rep back then in the late 90s.

Today, I think Jeff is more concerned about chasing a pipe dream with racing vintage bikes and puffing his chest out to let everyone know he's a stud instead of looking at the business and worrying about what it is doing.

The place is filthy inside. They have displays that have LONG since had the correct product in them. Key signs they have either had that company pull out or they never stayed with the, Lighters in a sunglass case kinda thing.

The layout and way they have bikes placed is so damn stupid it is crazy. Maybe it is better as that was last year, but to need three people to dig a damn bike out to look at it is not customer friendly.

They are also doing the Tom Foolery crap the Michigan dealers are doing. Buddy Packs and such are key words for "We're going to rape you on price and you won't know it until you try and trade off".

The service department is pretty much typical of a lot of shops - poor. The parts department is a joke where I suspect they are in a certain financial issue as they can only check certain catalogs. They always seem lost when trying to look stuff up.

We have the MOC rumor thread and so on that note, I have also heard a TON of rumors about not only the financial issues, but that they have been saying for years that they are going to build a bigger, better store and put it up in that lot just north of where they are now (It's where the trailer is and looks to be a dirt bike track and less like a lot ready to build on).

Overall, Hinds has survived. That's sad. Again, there's probably only one dealer in CBus that is worth a shit. That's HNW. When Pony does the Yamaha deal, it will be a BIG hit to Hinds. I cannot understand how they stay in business as yes, there are those who support them, but their return customer base has to be VERY small and from what everyone here and elsewhere have to say, they are going to be lucky to remain in 3 years from now. That's being generous. But, who knows? Maybe they will get a sugar daddy guy to come in and give them funds to try new? Dumber things have happened...