hinds motorsports

bigbluebird

hey lizard be careful mentioning names or else they might threaten you too

Originally Posted by madisonriley viewpost.gif

I understand in life that you are entitled to your opinion and feelings. But I also understand that many of you are "bashing" people who have not been given the ability to defend themselves properly and the rest of you make judgements based off one side of the story. Phillip has contended that bits of his story were "fabricated" to express his anger. He is entitled to it. But using actually people's names is slander. It is illegal. I have heard through the grapevine that legal action is being taken against him for publicly using an employee's name. He breached privacy laws and libel laws. Good luck with that. I think all that "documentation" talk will back fire on you, because that employee has tons of "documentation" due in part to your tirade.

The gentleman that is upset because he did not feel that a available salesperson greeted him in a timely manner, has obviously not been in an establishment that was busy. Maybe everyone was already working with a customer. If you feel that someone should leave the customer they are with to accommodate you, you are sadly mistaken.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey lizard be careful mentioning names or else they might threaten you too

Not bashing anyone. Giving examples from experience and Jeff and Joyce are/were the owners. It's public knowledge and a public accessable site. They can join in and defend if they feel willing.

No slander other than the chest puffing comment. I also stated what I heard were rumors that are floating around and can be argued as hear say.

I'd love to see someone get sued over a freedom of speech deal on a public forum...

lizard i am there with you, just reminding everyone what type of establishment hinds is.

but i can say that their service department did but in a battery with the wrong terminals (did not fit the +- cables right) before i bought my bike, they had let the bikes battery go dead on the sales floor (it is an 06 i bought it new with 0 miles on it in 08) i only found this out after i went to a different dealer to have the bike looked over.

• 2 weeks later...
My $.02 about Hinds... When Joyce was there, it was a good place. I remember Hinds being really cool when I was at OSU in the early 90s. When they moved up to Lewis Center, I dealt with Joyce via our shop a lot of times. I think they had a decent rep back then in the late 90s.

Today, I think Jeff is more concerned about chasing a pipe dream with racing vintage bikes and puffing his chest out to let everyone know he's a stud instead of looking at the business and worrying about what it is doing.

The place is filthy inside. They have displays that have LONG since had the correct product in them. Key signs they have either had that company pull out or they never stayed with the, Lighters in a sunglass case kinda thing.

The layout and way they have bikes placed is so damn stupid it is crazy. Maybe it is better as that was last year, but to need three people to dig a damn bike out to look at it is not customer friendly.

They are also doing the Tom Foolery crap the Michigan dealers are doing. Buddy Packs and such are key words for "We're going to rape you on price and you won't know it until you try and trade off".

The service department is pretty much typical of a lot of shops - poor. The parts department is a joke where I suspect they are in a certain financial issue as they can only check certain catalogs. They always seem lost when trying to look stuff up.

We have the MOC rumor thread and so on that note, I have also heard a TON of rumors about not only the financial issues, but that they have been saying for years that they are going to build a bigger, better store and put it up in that lot just north of where they are now (It's where the trailer is and looks to be a dirt bike track and less like a lot ready to build on).

Overall, Hinds has survived. That's sad. Again, there's probably only one dealer in CBus that is worth a shit. That's HNW. When Pony does the Yamaha deal, it will be a BIG hit to Hinds. I cannot understand how they stay in business as yes, there are those who support them, but their return customer base has to be VERY small and from what everyone here and elsewhere have to say, they are going to be lucky to remain in 3 years from now. That's being generous. But, who knows? Maybe they will get a sugar daddy guy to come in and give them funds to try new? Dumber things have happened...

I disagree with most of what you said. As far as the shape of the building....that's the genius behind the dealer. It's Jeff and Joyce's old HOME, which I am sure by now is paid off. Therefore, they have very little overhead....two parts guys, maybe 4..2 to 3 sales guys, maybe 3 service people and my boy Josh. I have never known them to rape on prices...If a person gets raped on a motorcycle deal, they didn't do their homework before when they went shopping. Any price given to you, if you aren't sure should be compared in every dealer in the area. If they aren't smart enough to do such, you can't be mad at the dealer for charging full retail on a unit. Their service is no worse than any other dealer in the area. I started to trust MOC service, but so much for that. I don't care how clean the place is....I need a bike then i'm outta there. Hinds will be around for a long time..that place has made J&J pretty well off. As for Jeff's vintage racing...what's the diff between that and what you do(no offense)....Max races, too and is damn good....it's their hobby.

Lizard, I am not starting a pissing match with you...just disagreeing..Also, I have no stock in Hinds...I just no of the many bikes I have bought, new, from all the places in Cols...Hinds is the best place to go and trust me Jeff and I did not see eye to eye for a while, but it's been straightened out and it's all good.

when you purchase anything it is not just the sale of the item it is the continued service that the site provides that makes you go back or recommend it to others. putty, you have settled your problems there and speak highly of them as any satisfied consumer would. i speak poorly of them because that is the level of satisfaction that i feel about their service.

when i ordered parts form them online and due to a mistake they failed to order them in a timely fashion they sent them to me next day and tossed in a t-shirt that was fair and a good response. when i ordered from their counter in the store they were friendly and helpful.

when i bought my bike they gave me a fair price and a fair trade in (regardless of any of my earlier comments, it was fair).

but what can i say after taking the bike back 3 times to have it checked over and then to find what i found (the rodent nest and the unscrewed fuel tank bolt) to say the least i was displeased.

it was after hinds third attempt to correct my bike that i took it elsewhere

that shop took my bike and went over everything. they replaced the battery with a stock battery that fit the battery cables correctly. they adjusted the bikes fluid levels back to their proper levels. and they replaced the air filter (i still have the original and am willing to show anyone it or where i parked my bike).

they did all this for me even though i had not bought a bike from them.

the manufacturer even stepped in to cover the cost of this.

since taking it to that store i have not had a single issue or discovered any other surprises in the 3500 mile several months that i have had the bike.

when i told my experience here. one of their employees publicly made allusions to a as of yet nonexistent lawsuit being taken against me by hinds in an attempt to discredit me.

hinds may have good prices but i cannot recommend them.

putty i say all of this with the utmost respect to you and your opinion and experience there. you have been coherent and respectful in your comments and i acknowledge this.

I have never known them to rape on prices...If a person gets raped on a motorcycle deal, they didn't do their homework before when they went shopping. Any price given to you, if you aren't sure should be compared in every dealer in the area. If they aren't smart enough to do such, you can't be mad at the dealer for charging full retail on a unit.

That's right people! lol Why not just give people a decent price without them having to "do their homework"? Cycle Search - home of not getting raped, wether you know it or not! :D

when you purchase anything it is not just the sale of the item it is the continued service that the site provides that makes you go back or recommend it to others. putty, you have settled your problems there and speak highly of them as any satisfied consumer would. i speak poorly of them because that is the level of satisfaction that i feel about their service.

when i ordered parts form them online and due to a mistake they failed to order them in a timely fashion they sent them to me next day and tossed in a t-shirt that was fair and a good response. when i ordered from their counter in the store they were friendly and helpful.

when i bought my bike they gave me a fair price and a fair trade in (regardless of any of my earlier comments, it was fair).

but what can i say after taking the bike back 3 times to have it checked over and then to find what i found (the rodent nest and the unscrewed fuel tank bolt) to say the least i was displeased.

it was after hinds third attempt to correct my bike that i took it elsewhere

that shop took my bike and went over everything. they replaced the battery with a stock battery that fit the battery cables correctly. they adjusted the bikes fluid levels back to their proper levels. and they replaced the air filter (i still have the original and am willing to show anyone it or where i parked my bike).

they did all this for me even though i had not bought a bike from them.

the manufacturer even stepped in to cover the cost of this.

since taking it to that store i have not had a single issue or discovered any other surprises in the 3500 mile several months that i have had the bike.

when i told my experience here. one of their employees publicly made allusions to a as of yet nonexistent lawsuit being taken against me by hinds in an attempt to discredit me.

hinds may have good prices but i cannot recommend them.

putty i say all of this with the utmost respect to you and your opinion and experience there. you have been coherent and respectful in your comments and i acknowledge this.

I respect your opinion, bigbluebird, but your situation is different. Reason I say this is because I heard your story from the people there several times and 2+2 isn't equaling 4. Several people there are personal friends of mine and pretty much tell me things the way they are. I don't know you and I know how things get misconstrued, embellished and over exaggerated on the internet. NOT saying that is what you're doing, but I know how it happens. We have already all agreed the service there is not MMI, but it's all they have. Maybe you bike wasn't fixed the three times you took it there because the mechanic was ignorant to what was going on....the last place you took it wasn't. It happens. You say the sale isn't the only thing that establishes repeat business and you're correct. However, the first question usually when someone gets a new bike is.."What did ASK sell you that for"? Mostly cause the bottom line is what matters. If a place was rude to me...i'd leave and not give them my business at all. We all have different experiences with places and this could go on forever...just like the HNW thread I made a while ago(biggest thread on this forum to date). I guess it's safe to say any bike I buy will come from there. If yours, his and hers doesn't, so be it, we're all out riding....Later

That's right people! lol Why not just give people a decent price without them having to "do their homework"? Cycle Search - home of not getting raped, wether you know it or not! :D

If this means you expect every dealer to offer you a unit at rock bottom prices w/o haggle, you need to think again. It doesn't happen.

Edited by Putty

After buying 2 motorcycles from them, Jeff FLAT LIED TO MY FACE about their relationship with Aprilia. When I went back to get my first service, I was told they were not servicing Apes.

I too had a dead mouse in my Triumph's airbox and even watched one of them wheelie it down 23 on a "test" ride. Later it sprang a fuel leak from the quick disconects and they had the nerve to tell me that it had to have been my fault for improperly removing the fuel tank.....which I never touched.

Caveat emptor

I have never known them to rape on prices...

I have to COMPLETELY disagree with this statement Putty. As you know, I've been in the motorcycle business a long time in Columbus. I have taken many bikes on trade over the years that came from Hinds that people were completely buried in, and in many cases I saw their original paperwork from the deal and know why..

Yeah you buy a lot of shit and Josh (who I know also) will sell you shit at $100 over, (which at this point I could do for you also) that's not necessarily the way it happens for everyone else.

Oh yeah.. I'll give you 10 bucks to shop at HNW again.. :D;)

I respect your opinion, bigbluebird, but your situation is different. Reason I say this is because I heard your story from the people there several times and 2+2 isn't equaling 4. Several people there are personal friends of mine and pretty much tell me things the way they are. I don't know you and I know how things get misconstrued, embellished and over exaggerated on the internet. NOT saying that is what you're doing, but I know how it happens. We have already all agreed the service there is not MMI, but it's all they have. Maybe you bike wasn't fixed the three times you took it there because the mechanic was ignorant to what was going on....the last place you took it wasn't. It happens. You say the sale isn't the only thing that establishes repeat business and you're correct. However, the first question usually when someone gets a new bike is.."What did ASK sell you that for"? Mostly cause the bottom line is what matters. If a place was rude to me...i'd leave and not give them my business at all. We all have different experiences with places and this could go on forever...just like the HNW thread I made a while ago(biggest thread on this forum to date). I guess it's safe to say any bike I buy will come from there. If yours, his and hers doesn't, so be it, we're all out riding....Later

s

putty we may not be on the same page but i look forward to meeting you shaking hands and talking about anything bike related as long as it is not where we go to buy our bikes or where we take them to get serviced.

I disagree with most of what you said. As far as the shape of the building....that's the genius behind the dealer. It's Jeff and Joyce's old HOME, which I am sure by now is paid off. Therefore, they have very little overhead....two parts guys, maybe 4..2 to 3 sales guys, maybe 3 service people and my boy Josh. I have never known them to rape on prices...If a person gets raped on a motorcycle deal, they didn't do their homework before when they went shopping. Any price given to you, if you aren't sure should be compared in every dealer in the area. If they aren't smart enough to do such, you can't be mad at the dealer for charging full retail on a unit. Their service is no worse than any other dealer in the area. I started to trust MOC service, but so much for that. I don't care how clean the place is....I need a bike then i'm outta there. Hinds will be around for a long time..that place has made J&J pretty well off. As for Jeff's vintage racing...what's the diff between that and what you do(no offense)....Max races, too and is damn good....it's their hobby.

Lizard, I am not starting a pissing match with you...just disagreeing..Also, I have no stock in Hinds...I just no of the many bikes I have bought, new, from all the places in Cols...Hinds is the best place to go and trust me Jeff and I did not see eye to eye for a while, but it's been straightened out and it's all good.

You are right - low overhead will net more money in pocket. However, on the other side, short on help can lead to people waiting too long for help. That's bad.

The dealership is an old boat dealership that Joyce and Jeff bought. It wasn't a home... But, if it is actually paid for, sure - it is low overhead for them. However, why not put money into it? Do you know how many people think it is a dump on the inside? I mean, if a lot of people say it, how many people actually do?

The point is that Hinds slings a LOT of mud on other shops. Yet, I think they were a great shop YEARS ago. I really think after Joyce and Jeff had issues and Joyce left, it fell apart. I think she had a good finger on things there.

Like I said in the Pony thread - I think they MIGHT stick around. The reasons you mentioned could be how they do it.

You make great points, Putty. I simply play a little bit of Devil's Advocate for the others on here so they have some good (hopefully) counter points.

I just think it is sad that there's really only one shop that is doing a good job around here. I think Pony will, too, but for a 1 million populated area, that's not many...

I have to COMPLETELY disagree with this statement Putty. As you know, I've been in the motorcycle business a long time in Columbus. I have taken many bikes on trade over the years that came from Hinds that people were completely buried in, and in many cases I saw their original paperwork from the deal and know why..

Yeah you buy a lot of shit and Josh (who I know also) will sell you shit at $100 over, (which at this point I could do for you also) that's not necessarily the way it happens for everyone else.

To add to this comment, look at what Hinds is doing - they are advertising "Buddy Packs". Buddy packs are code word for "taking advantage of buyers". Putty is right, however - if you get screwed, you probably didn't do your homework.

However, when a dealership can convince you that it is going to be the best deal you get and you take that amount and cannot get the same dollar for what you are looking at, you can easily be convinced into buying it. I think a lot of people are poorly eductated when they buy things like motorcycles and such. I also think there are PLENTY of top notch and honest dealers out there who try and educate dealers.

The shop I used to work at had to deal with Michigan dealers and the buddy packs and low prices they advertised. We used to tell cutomers what was really going on and even showed them the fine print. All they seemed to think we were doing was trying to get them to buy from us. Putty's right - the price is why they buy and we couldn't match the prices.

However, we'd get a LOT of buyers come back and try and trade only to find out how bad they got screwed. Hinds never used to do that... These buddy packs are BS...

The dealership is an old boat dealership that Joyce and Jeff bought. It wasn't a home...

It was there home...If you past the restrooms and enter that door beyond it...You'll end up in a kitchen. Jeff and Joyce LIVED there until they built the home they live in now. The current service guy lives there now..So someone is there ALL the time.

But, if it is actually paid for, sure - it is low overhead for them. However, why not put money into it? Do you know how many people think it is a dump on the inside? I mean, if a lot of people say it, how many people actually do?

Who cares what people say about it. That's the status quo there and what's working. No need to change it. Regular maintenance and sell bikes. That is what allows them to sell bikes lower, their overhead is minimal. Pony or others can do that here and there, but I am sure not as much as they can.

You make great points, Putty. I simply play a little bit of Devil's Advocate for the others on here so they have some good (hopefully) counter points.

Ya..I realize what you do..I take ur bait way more than I have time to while at work, but whatever

I have taken many bikes on trade over the years that came from Hinds that people were completely buried in.

Is that Hinds fault or the person who bought a bike for $8999 and financed $12,354?? I'll agree it is a shady practice, but i'm a firm believer of if you ask dumb questions you'll get dumb answers.

We'll see about that if I get the 09 R1.

Thanks, MJ....I'm good on that.

putty we may not be on the same page but i look forward to meeting you shaking hands and talking about anything bike related as long as it is not where we go to buy our bikes or where we take them to get serviced.

Likewise. Looking forward to it.

Edited by Putty

Lizard or anyone, what's the bad part of the buddy packs? I've seen the ads in cycle trader but never looked at them.

I assume you get a discount on the bikes and get raped on finance. If that's so, couldn't you lock in a low price then hand over cash? I've done similar on cars.

It was there home...If you past the restrooms and enter that door beyond it...You'll end up in a kitchen. Jeff and Joyce LIVED there until they built the home they live in now. The current service guy lives there now..So someone is there ALL the time.
Who cares what people say about it. That's the status quo there and what's working. No need to change it. Regular maintenance and sell bikes. That is what allows them to sell bikes lower, their overhead is minimal. Pony or others can do that here and there, but I am sure not as much as they can.

A dealership should ALWAYS listen to customers and their comments. A dealership that is willing to make changes that better suit the customer will get more business than one that is complacent and will not...

As far as overhead, that is true about less over head makes it easier to sell units for less. However, if you sell fewer units or have to bait customers in to get business, it ends up being a deal that hurts in the long run. Not much money in makes it tougher to spend more money for the things that customers want. They have low overhead on accessories because they don't have anything. That's easy for any dealership to do. However, if a dealership has accessories, they are more likely to get them added on or sold to customers who just bought a major unit. If they don't have accessories, that is revenue that is being lost. That's not a good business plan...

Ya..I realize what you do..I take ur bait way more than I have time to while at work, but whatever.

And, you are a trooper for putting up with it. I honestly think we have some good dicussions and I definately see your side of things. I often try and not use my industry knowledge too much, but think it comes in handy to help paint a picture of what usually goes on behind the scenes that most people never see or know about... You're seemingly a good guy, Putty. I am sure you are a cool dude in person.

Is that Hinds fault or the person who bought a bike for $8999 and financed $12,354?? I'll agree it is a shady practice, but i'm a firm believer of if you ask dumb questions you'll get dumb answers.

The problem in allowing these types of deals to go on is that it is being dishonest and somewhat unethical. It's something that a dealer does knowing that a LOT of customers are not well informed. They feed off those people and rake in the money without much care as to the result. The problem is that when a customer that was "taken" by a dealer like that and they go into a dealership that shows them the truth, that person never returns and tells everyone their story. Eventually, it catches up with that dealership. It's all good until the flow stops and then it becomes evident they need to change.

There's a cool thing about honesty... I had a customer once ask me if we could get them a specific unit. That unit they wanted was hard to find and VERY popular. I could have told them we could and could have ran them through the whole waiting game and credit application, etc. I told them flat out the situation, gave them the dealership I recommended and even called the sales guy I knew and let them know these people were coming.

The result? We lost a unit sale that we probably were NEVER going to get. However, that couple came back and bought all their accessories from us, brought their bike in for service and came to me first when they wanted to trade. When asked, they told the owner that it was because the way they were treated at our shop. That's what honesty does for you. Ask the people who go and trade "buddy packs" if they'll go back...

Lizard or anyone, what's the bad part of the buddy packs? I've seen the ads in cycle trader but never looked at them.

I assume you get a discount on the bikes and get raped on finance. If that's so, couldn't you lock in a low price then hand over cash? I've done similar on cars.

Here's how it works. They tell you that you can buy two R6s for an insane low monthly payment. Now, the REALLY fine print HAS to state what the APR is, what they will pay through the course of the loan, etc. But what the dealership banks on is that a guy and his buddy see that $99 a month for two R6s and comes in and signs the paperwork.

They get $99 a month for whatever set amount of time. Sometimes it is only 6 months. Sometimes longer. Whatever the case, the payment explodes after a certain time. The two guys are sitting there knowing they can't make the payments that have grown beyond what they expected. Result? They decide to trade them in.

Guess what the payoff is? I have seen multiple scenarios and situations. The R6 one I saw had them owing over $33k for two R6s... I also saw an ATV one that had two YZ450F racing quads with a payoff of $23k. If you add up the retail amounts, these people get a STOOOOOOPID amount stacked on in misc. fees and charges. The interest rates are insane, as well.

Sure, being dumb and not knowing what you are getting into is one thing, but this isn't something that everyone is well versed on. There's a LOT of confusing speech used, a lot of numbers thrown in the mix. And, a LOT of BS being stated by the sales people.

Overall, there is a lot of bad things that happen on a daily basis at a LOT of dealerships. It's a shame and it is something that unless the State does something about, will continue.

At least the OEMs are getting on these shops and preventing them from selling out of state via shipping units. A LOT of dealers were and are doing that and it has lead to some changes that have caused some issues with certain dealers. I think it is about time.

In Michigan, they passed a law and had some law suits regarding such low ball deals. It was due to misleading advertisements. Now, they HAVE to print the fine print and state the reality of the deal. However, it is so small and gets almost blurry in print that it is something most people miss.

It's like that guy that can speak a thousand words a second when telling you the terms of the deal on the radio or TV...

Lizard, let me ask this and i am just going to use round numbers. You and I go to dealer and say we want a buddy pack, say 2 R6's. Say price on bike is $9000. So we say we want 2, they say we will give you 2 for $7500 each in the buddy pack, assuming we are going to finance. Well then we have $15,000+freight, tax, shipping, storage, .025gallons of gas, etc. Now the price is $16,000, we pull out $16,000 cash money, what do they do? Will they refuse it cause you're not financing and they are getting screwed or do they honor it. Or, do they stick their forked tongue out to speak and start lying about why they can not do the deal. Or other?

Sorry for the length, just wanted to be specific because a friend and I are considering 2 new dirtbikes.

Edited by jeremygsxr
over exagerated example

Lizard, let me ask this and i am just going to use round numbers. You and I go to dealer and say we want a buddy pack, say 2 R6's. Say price on bike is $9000. So we say we want 2, they say we will give you 2 for $4500 each in the buddy pack, assuming we are going to finance.

I don't think that's how it works... You get 2 bikes by financing $18k... they don't HALF the price.

Do they? Shit, if they did that, I'd go in with $9k, a fake buddy and buy two of them myself. So, just common sense and reasoning would tell you they can't sell 2R6s for the price of one.

Reminds me of the Porsche BOGO deal... if it really happened, the dealership would lose their ass

http://skirmisher.org/folly/the-buy-one-get-one-porsche-deal-of-a-lifetime/

Edited by JRMMiii

What they typically do is get a credit check done and get an amount that is approved for two bikes. If they do the Yamaha, Suzuki, or Honda card, it comes back that you are approved for a set amount. If you do it seperate, it is what amount that is approved for you.

So, let's look at it this way - you are approved for $16k. They essentially get you to that number as close as they can. They make the layment look most important. It's kind of like what the car guys do.

So, they tell you $69 a month for two bikes. That gets them in almost every time. If you have knowledge, you need to ask what the bottom dollar is out the door.

Look at EACH and EVERY amount listed and question it. They'll usually have the bike discounted and say "We'll knock off $500 on the bike" or even more. That looks good. They then have a STOOOOOPID high shipping and prep amount typically. That's where they make the ground up. They can even get the bike down to dealer cost and below, but make it all back in the excess charges.

You don't need GAP, you don't need any other financial add-ons. Tell them "NO" to everything. The dealers make more money on the finance side than anywhere else on the deal. They want you to buy the extended warranties - you can bargain that amount, too - I suggest those, but call around and get the best price on just the 3 year extended warranty FROM THE OEM.

Just essentially look at everything and understand what the numbers are. Typically, do this AFTER you get approved. Otherwise, if you lead on that you know the drill, they can simply come back and get either a low credit limit or just say they can't do the deal for you as you don't meet certain criteria. They say that to end deals and there's really nothing you can do about it. They will catch another fish and not have lost anything by dropping your deal.

Play stupid until the final numbers are shown. DON'T SIGN A THING and read the credit application well. If it is a Yamaha or other OEM credit application, you are good.

Just realize that they will sometimes use outside financial services to get the number they need to finance. The OEM credit cards are just that - credit cards and I think you can apply online. That way, you know your limit and you can go in and do the deal seperately. If you want the deals on monthly payments, I think you need to do that at the shop, though...

Good luck, but you're really better off going in and doing a deal rock bottom and for each of you. You don't need to do the buddy pack route.

Here's from Hind's site concerning the comment about 30% off accessories:

ORDER ANY NON OEM APPAREL AT 30% OFF RETAIL PRICING. SO GO TRY ON ANY JACKET, BOOT, GLOVE AT ANY ACCESSORY STORE AND COME IN AND ORDER IT AT 30% OFF.

I'd go in there and have them order a Joe Rocket jacket, a SHIFT jacket or a Fieldsheer jacket. They aren't set up as dealers for those (Might be for JR as they MIGHT be set-up with Sullivans, but doubt it) and Sidi boots.

Tell them you want them to honor the deal listed above and see where it gets ya!

LOL...you still sticking it to Hinds in here?

Not sure where I am sticking it to them. Someone asked a question and I tried to explain an answer. You still think Hinds gives the best deals?

Maybe you're referring to the quote from their site? You going to go over to Pony and try stuff on and see if they can get it for you and let us know how it turned out?

People need to be informed and I think that if they understand what really is going on, it makes their purchases and their experience much better. A blanket comment like that is typical of how Hinds works. But, you like them and I understand that. But, don't you have some rather good friends at Pony? I would think that you would want to support a shop that is a straight shooter and doesn't revert to tricks to gain customers... That's just me, though...

Damn dude.......There needs to be a sarcasm button that can be pushed when posting cause it's so overlooked all the time in posts. Relax, fella...I have friends all over...I'm a friendly kinda guy...Pony people are my friends.

• 1 month later...

I've bought a few bikes at Hinds, with no problems. They had the best price anywhere, now I don't think that has since changed. I wouldn't have any service work done there (I do my own anyway) because of the reputation their service dept. has, but have never tried it.

We've bought (my wife, and I) a FZ1, FZ6, Busa, FJR, Versys from them with no sales issues. Eric, Justin, Josh are good people IMO

Edited by jnor