Ipod or something else.....

Billiumss

I have been thinking of getting a Ipod but I have been also looking at some of the other MP3 players out there. I'm just not sure what I want, maybe you guys could help me out by showing me some of the pros and cons of the Ipod and others.

- I have about 50 gigs worth of MP3 files on my HD (tons of 80's, Metal/rock, Hip Hop/Rap, top 40 stuff)

- Most are my own that I have encoded to 160kb

- I want something that is durable and won't break if bumped around

- A good if not great battery life

- A good assortment of accessories would be nice

- I might play it back on my home and car stereo

- A good warranty

- Ease of use

So, what do you guys suggest for the ultimate MP3 player?

Bill

I have to say that I am happy with my ipod mini.

As far as options go, ipod seems really to be the best way to go right now.. but I have not researched other mp3 players though

I HIGHLY recomend NOT purchasing any SONY player.. Trust me its a purchase you will regret.

I have a few Archos jukeboxes. They suck.

The device itself is HEAVY, skips, sound quality is no there (320k/s songs sound worse than 128 songs on my $50 mp3 player), Batteries are about 3 hours but it comes with rechargeables, warranty is good. I broke my 6 gig one 3 times and send it back, no problems, sent me a new one, was a pita to transfer all my songs back over. Didnt do anything stupid to break it. Just a POS.

I have a Creative Zen Extra, 30GB version. I get about 12 hours of straight play, it has a ton of options, easy interface, and retails for under $200. It also uses a regular 2.5" hard drive, so swapping it out is a matter of adding a bigger one and using a program you can get on the internet to format it for the Creative.