Jeep w/Chevy pwrtrain...PLZ HELP identify T-case!!!

zeitgeist57

Hey guys!

A few weeks ago I purchased a 1967 Jeepster Commando for a beach-bum ride on the weekends. Picked it up in Miami and it needed some work, but it's stone simple and I'm looking forward to fixing it up.

The stock 225 odd-fire V6 was yanked and a 4.3L Chevy V6 (700cfm Double Pumper Holley 4BBL, Mallory Uni-Fire ignition) was put in. It's running very rich but I got it to idle yesterday...still needs a rebuild/cleaning. It's also got a TH350 auto that in yesterday's drive down the street shifted into second gear very crisply. So I've got that going for me...:)

PLEASE HELP ME>>>I am trying to identify the transfer case. There is what looks like a logo with an "NP" inside a gear. I'm guessing (also since it's bolted to the TH350) that it's an NP203 or NP205, but I wanted to get a little help. Here are some of the case marks:

BY THE TRANNY INPUT YOKE and FRONT DRIVE YOKE:

AY 4

C 11483

BY THE REAR OUTPUT YOKE:

U

C-11890

10-20-75 (casting date?)

Also, the shifter is a twist-shaft that accepts a keyed plate. Please help, because it's throwing a ton of oil out the output shaft. Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
get a smaller carb, a 4.3 doesn't need all that carb

I'm going to have to agree with that. If you can find someone to tune it, just get a Quadrajet. If you can't find anyone to work on it, I would recommend an Edelbrock 600, and nothing fancy. If you decide to do any offroading, you'll want to get away from that Holley.