basement refinishing question

88lx5oh

i might do that.. you can set me up wiht a good gameplan.. like i told you before.. we are renting, so i dotn want to drop a ton of cash into it. i was gonna drywall the basement... now im thinking jsut repaint the brick and go form there.

we need to sit down and talk.. give me soem direction lol

I dont charge for people I know and I aint one of those bob vila types. I am the type of guy that can make something out of nothing. Thats why I deal with so many landlords. I make their house look like they should be rented for what they ask and they hardly spend any money on them. Get it all cleared out, first step. Second what is the spaced used for? Entertaining, pool table, big screen? We could probably transform that entire basement in a little over a weekend. If you ever catch those homemakover shows on TLC the 2 day kind thats what I do. Pm me what kind of budget your looking at.

it will be used to hold pool table, and bar.. i have to pick those items up off my grandfather. and maybe a car table or something. i have a small tv i want mounted in the top corner, and ill be laying that checkered tile in the basement as well.. already started lol. il lpm you wiht my budget.

Just paint the rafters and everything else flat black, then install some nice lights. It'll give it a bar like atmosphere.

I have seen that done many times and turns out quite nice if done properly.

If you want to go that option I have a professional paint sprayer, not a wagner or anything, and it will make it a breeze. 2 mins and that ceiling is done. You can even go with a color so it doesnt look to industrial. This can be done with about $20 in paint (I got the hook up).

I thought spray painting in an unventilated area was bad, thats what the after school specials said anyways. :p

Is this like a townhouse base ment, or a decent size house basement? Drywall could work, but it may be a pain. Go with something light and easy to put up. Paint some shee foam insulation, an 8x10 sheet will run you about 8 bucks, and canbe installed with minimal effort and fasteners.

We did mine in drywall.. Cheap and fairly easy to put up, mud, and stucco. We used sconce lights though rather than can lights for more of a theatre look.

That's awesome. I never thought about putting lights like that on the walls.

My ceiling right now is drywall, with a ton of holes in it. We do have two lights on opposite corners, but man, that would make like sooo easy if we used those lights.

I'll be ripping down my old wall and re-drywalling here in a few weeks. I'd like to get it done before x-mas.

Thanks, been done so far by myself, my dad and Josh. It's coming along nice; I'm planning on posting start to finish pics once it's all complete.

You should post updated pictures... it looks 1000% better now that the trim is up and the paint has at least 2 coats.

I thought spray painting in an unventilated area was bad, thats what the after school specials said anyways.

It is an airless paint sprayer. Forces just paint through different size tips. Cheap flat black is the best way to go when doing something like this. Dont laugh but odd lots flat black is excellant for such an application. Their so cheap they dont put enough of any one thing to give any kind of inconsistancy that comes with higher priced paints.