Honda Engines- Head to Block swaps

70rsz28

So I know for the most part you can but a B16 DOHC VTEC head on B18 LS blocks and B20 SOHC CR-V blocks. Basicaly I've been told you can sawp any B-Series head to any B-Series block? I might be getting a 91 Prelude 2.0si and that has a B20A5 DOHC non-vtec motor in it and I have access to a B16A2 head/intake mani/fuel sys, will that stuff bolt together?

Guest Removed

b20a5 is a early motor! not the same b series!

and b 20 in the crv are twin cams!!!btw

and if your going to build the ls/vtec build the bottom end strong and a good balance job, and upgrade the oil pump! ;)

You should check with some national honda forums for info like hondatech, even though i hate that place, or clubcivic. Alot of times these lsvtec or crvtec motors get real pricey, real quick. The alos don't fit perfectly in that certain this here and there need to be modified. I remember readin a kill story someone posted up a bit ago about their civic that they have an lsvtec motor in. Not sure who it was, but i know someone has it. My advice would be not to do this crazy head swapping and just put together a turbo kit, but do what you want.

For that to even work it would take a whole lot of custum work an order for that to work out properly. The head and block mentioned are not a direct fit, you would pretty much have to drill in new pins for them to fit together correctly. You would have to have a custom head gasket as well and just a whole bunch of other little shit too. The only good thing about that block in the prelude you mentioned is the crank, which alot of people swap out and use them in other b-series blocks because of there weight, even then they have to use a custom crank pulley.