2008 Challenger

Bgbdbn

the rear quarter looks too big and fat and the headlights need some work but it doesn't look bad

Thats its most distinct feature... im glad they didnt take it away... i dont think id buy one, but i deffinatly look at one if it drove by :)

the rear quarter looks too big and fat and the headlights need some work but it doesn't look bad

Amen, chop thos fat ass quarters. I dont want a car with a cathunkadunk. The old ones had long rear quarters, not fat ones. Good start, but not done.

There's probably a good chance that it'll weight 4500 lbs like every other new dodge car with a hemi. I'll hold out untill I see more.

is it just me, or is retro extragay?

Only if your a manufacturer. The car doesn't look bad, but you should leave that shit to Fosse et al. Turning out factory retro cars just tells the world that your design department sucks and can't turn out new ideas. no one wants to take a chance. Cadillac is, and they're finaly refining it into good looking cars. TVR has always been bold, the new Sagaris is sexy enough to make up for its weird ass rear end, But other then thatsn I cant think of anyone off the top of my head that is pioneering a new bold look and making it look good. No, not subaru. They're going retro and making an ugly job of it.

it just looks like they are trying to keep the same roofline height as the original but put a modern lowered car under neath it, making for an overly chunky car, and that thing will surprise me if it makes it out of the development division looking like that

You'd think they'd be able to make the new one right, since they've built the damn thing before. Maybe the blueprints were lost? lol Damn safety laws, they ruin lots of cars.

K, well I think it looks good. I'll wait till the final thing is out to make a firm opinion.

The guy that designed that car has probably been dead for quite some time. Some talenless hack in Detroit just took the old car and "modernized" it... i.e. he took some sandpaper to the clay model. It has the same problem as the new mustang. Why do current "designers" all feel that a cars door and fender panels have to be a mile high?

The February Car and Driver just got here and it has a brief preview of the car. They were told the weight would be around 4100 lbs(!). The car is still 18-24 months away, though. Also, it doesn't ride on the the same platform as the Charger/Magnum. It is a modified version of it, shortened around 5 inches. And those carbon fiber stripes on the hood are actually unpainted portions of the carbon fiber hood.

Lol, I bet that 396 cube engine weights quite a bit. What do you think the weight distribution will be? 60/40? 70/30? lol

but it will have a hemi which automatically makes it gods chariot.

and all of that an hemi stands for hemispherical heads....which a shit ton of cars anymore have those.

i'm done i swear, no more dodge shit from me.

after all i might get a viper but i'm taking the dodge emblems off :-p

It sucks for us car guys who look for originality and what-not, but this new "retro boom" is what's currently moving cars. Dodge has been in a slouch for quite some time and now they're making some money on this new fad. So, of course they're gonna milk it as much as they can while we sit online and piss and moan about it. That's how the world works I guess. I can't wait to see how slow the V6 version of this sled will be. You know they're gonna sell more of those than the Hemi version, if they even put a V6 in there.