sorta new and yet another GP owner

v6grandprixgt98

This should open your eyes....

In your transmission cost alone, you could have done so much for so much less.

Dynotech rebuild of an HD tranny (~2600$ish with core from Ed)

A VS cam, or INTENSE STG1X (300$)

SSIC (600$)

Upper intake and M90 from an L67 (300$?)

L67 PCM (50$?)

3.4, Maybe a 3.20 Pulley, (129$ for an MPS)

GTP or 42# Injectors (100-250$)

A tank of race gas (50$)

Being so much faster than you are now, priceless.

I would not even attempt to put that much in to my car ... there's a point where yo have to realize that your car is just not worth modding, you would be better off to get another car that has MORE potential, then mod that car ... you will see better gains but no use crying over spilled milk, you've come this far, keep going!

I had a 99 Grand Am GT and wanted to go fast, I stepped in to an exhaust and an intake and after looking at everything else I needed to go fast, I traded it in on a WS6 which was great to mod and MUCH FASTER for less mod money ... but then traction was a bitch so I got an AWD car and havent looked back since ...

Well first of all the trans rebuild was mandatory. it was slipping and had 100,000 on it. The car was an inheritance and I was not going to just trade it in for something else. at this point I could easily go turbo and have a trans that can handle it. but I am going to stay N/A for now. I love the 3.69's on the street and I still get 29mpg on the highway and about 21 street. 95% of my miles are highway.

• 1 month later...
Guest wesxprs

Gee Dave seems that you can't go anywhere without catching shit from Bucky.

Nate, my shirts rule!!! Greenie is right, there is no replacement for me!!!!!

Honestly, after the failure with my car, I don't think intense will try the NA route again.

Wes

Guest BLUE BY U
I guess I could always buy a GTO and have it fast right off the bat but wheres the fun in that?

I love how you think you are the supreme shit because you own a GTO and have nothing better to do than to bash others cars?

I dont think he owns a GTO??? You seem kinda hostile towards GTO owners

Gee Dave seems that you can't go anywhere without catching shit from Bucky.

Nate, my shirts rule!!! Greenie is right, there is no replacement for me!!!!!

Honestly, after the failure with my car, I don't think intense will try the NA route again.

Wes

Hey now, why single me out? There's a few others in this thread. :( :leghump: :p