Yogurt

cjackson

Someone please explain the theory behind the fruit being on the bottom of the yogurt container. As far as I'm concerned, the fruit would mix better it it were on the top ooooor, why can't the fruit already be mixed in?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought; mixing them may be a step that would cost. Putting the fruit in first would allow a specified amount to be put in with little risk of spilling. Where as, if the fruit were on the top you would be more likely to have spillage when filling. All this is based on the assumtion that fruit cost more that yogurt. Meaning if you have yogurt over flow/spillage your lose is minimal. my .02

Just a thought; mixing them may be a step that would cost. Putting the fruit in first would allow a specified amount to be put in with little risk of spilling. Where as, if the fruit were on the top you would be more likely to have spillage when filling. All this is based on the assumtion that fruit cost more that yogurt. Meaning if you have yogurt over flow/spillage your lose is minimal. my .02

well played sir :thumbup:

Actually this is partially correct. It is about cost. During the production process, the fruit is "injected" into the cup by a machine that has multiple nozzles. each fruit having it's own supply. Then, the plain yogurt is injected on top of the fruit. This way you would only need one large refridgerated plain yogurt holding tank

If the product is mixed with the fruit first, the production would require either multiple machines with large holding tanks (One for each flavor), and/or the cleaning after each flavor "batch" is run, which would neccessitate stopping production for short periods of time.

Actually this is partially correct. It is about cost. During the production process, the fruit is "injected" into the cup by a machine that has multiple nozzles. each fruit having it's own supply. Then, the plain yogurt is injected on top of the fruit. This way you would only need one large refridgerated plain yogurt holding tank

If the product is mixed with the fruit first, the production would require either multiple machines with large holding tanks (One for each flavor), and/or the cleaning after each flavor "batch" is run, which would neccessitate stopping production for short periods of time.

:wtf:

Sounds good to me!

TTT

I personally do not like the fruit on the bottom, if I would want fruit, I would get fruit, when I want yogurt, I just want there to be yogurt, all I want in my yogurt is yogurt dammit!

You can buy Yogurt without fruit(Vanilla Yogurt)......Is tastes like hell but they sell it.