Wease

Which Car Should I Buy?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which Car Should I Buy?

• C5 Z06
    • C6
    • 03-04 Mustang Cobra
    • 05 GTO

I already know which one I want to buy, I just wanted to see what the masses thought. ;) Those of you who know me know that I sold my Formula this past summer, with the notion that I will be paying cash for something here very soon. Choose wisely and explain your choice... :D

Honestly this is a tough choice for me to make a decision on but I would have to default to the C5 ZO6

03 Cobras are nice but the shifter and seating position is less desired IMO. I do not like reaching to the firewall to shift, it feels unsettled. The seats are ok in it as well not real supportive IMO. I do like the FI from the factory and the ability to make power easily but it just isn't enough to get me to buy one.

GTO- I just don't feel all that good about them at all I have not driven one but I just think they look blah!

C6 - G/F's father has one and I drove it and it was NICE! But if you are not getting the C6 ZO6 then don't bother.

C5 ZO6 - Love the looks, handling, seating, and shifter position. It is a well refined car that is light and can be made fast and look good doing it. I will have one hopefully in a year or two unless something arises or the C6 ZO6 is cheap enough by then.

I chose Cobra because it was on your list, but really its a tough tossup between that and a Mach1. I choose either one of those cars because of price, *<$20k and power is awesome. Sure the Cobra is blown, but a Mach1 ain't no joke. Either would be fine with me. And I agree about the C6, for vette's its z06 or die.

Which one do you want?

I've heard that the later C5 ZO6's handle better than the C6, so there's a huge plus, and they have the same power stock vs. stock, plus the ZO6 will be FAR cheaper.

The GTO and the Mustang are both nice cars, but I wouldn't exactly put either into the same catagory as a ZO6. The Vette is an all-around better car, from build quality, to how nice and comfortable the interior is, etc.

Mustangs are fun cars to drive, but the ones that I've experianced feel like they could fall apart at any moment. The only GTO I've riden in I really liked, but again, It's just not the same as a vette.

Say what!

Maybe that's just me personally, but I can see me spending $17k-20k on a Cobra/Mach1 a lot easier that I could see me blowing $30k+ on a vette. Especially when it would not be my daily, and would only be race toy.

Maybe that's just me personally, but I can see me spending $17k-20k on a Cobra/Mach1 a lot easier that I could see me blowing $30k+ on a vette. Especially when it would not be my daily, and would only be race toy.

I think he's more surprised at your comparison between performance potential of a Cobra vs. a Mach 1. I would never buy a Mach 1. They are great cars, but they are kinda inline with an LS1 and I already had one of those... :)

Z06.

Being an owner of both the 03 Cobra and the C5 Z06, I can tell you that, if you have the choice of one, then you'll be most satisfied (if your preferences are similar to mine) with the Z06. It's more refined, more drivable, leagues better when it comes to fit-and-finish, more of a "sports car" (e.g., it's a two-seater, after all) and, well, faster - stock for stock. Aesthetically, I think the Z06 also gets the nod. Additionally, the Z06 clearly wins in the prestige department.

The C6 is a nice car, but the Z06 gets the edge here because of price; the C6 would be more I would think, although they are comparable in performance.

I can give no real opinion on the GTO; I just don't know that much about them.

C6 Z06

This is the badest A$$ car to date that a person can buy. I have nothing against the C5 Z06 which would be the next choice for Wease, but the C6 Z06 is the stuff. All other cars, try to imitate the vette, but a vette is a vette. The vette has the handling, the power and the look. The mustang cobra is nice, but it is not a vette. The C6 Z06 is pricey, but this is Wease's money, not mine. I will buy in due time.

C6 Z06

This is the badest A$$ car to date that a person can buy. I have nothing against the C5 Z06 which would be the next choice for Wease, but the C6 Z06 is the stuff. All other cars, try to imitate the vette, but a vette is a vette. The vette has the handling, the power and the look. The mustang cobra is nice, but it is not a vette. The C6 Z06 is pricey, but this is Wease's money, not mine. I will buy in due time.

Well, yeah, but a C6 Z06 wasn't given as an option in his poll.

Personaly I would look for a c6 they look so sexy.

As for the GTO I turned one down over my monte. I know it sounds stupid but it felt slushy to me. If i'm gonna drive somethingy like that i might as well have a lower insurance and have a tunable car.

Z51 C6. That option should bring the C6 to near C5 Z06 handling standards. Have the torque mgmt. removed from the PCM, and straight line performance should be fairly similar too. Gotta get the navigation option too.

I love the C5, but that C6 is one bad ass Vette.

C6.

C5 Z06 is a great car, but...

1) 6.0L > 5.7L

2) Targa top > hardtop

3) fit and finish MUCH better in new Vette

4) Better seats, stereo, body rigidity.

My opinion, of course. And yes, I had a Z06 for a three-day weekend before I bought my C4. Awesome car, but the targa top is a must-have in my mind.

C5 Z06. My uncle has one and it is just amazing. It's easy to drive every day, minus snow, and it's a badass car all around. The all around factor is what does it for me. I agree with earlier posts about the sitting in an 03 Cobra: Its Sucks! It feels to much like you're riding on top of a car rather than in it. Plus the price on the C5 Z06 has dropped a lot. I saw some in the autotrader the other day for mid 20s! It's really just an amazing machine. Period.

Only had my cobra for a year for a reason.. POS. :D z06 or c6, then I'll still talk to you. :D

Did you get a lemon or something? Seriously, you take every opportunity to bash the hell out of the car. Mines been a great car for 3 years now. I'm not sure if your just GM biased, kidding around, or if you really did have a lemon. Just curious.

Wease, to answer your question, I would go with a C5 Z06. I don't think the C6's are as fast as the C5 Z06's. The C6 I raced last year when I just had the pulley and chip didn't put up much of a fight. I'm certain a C5 Z06 would have fared better. The Vettes have better build quality than the Cobra and are more balanced overall. If my wife didn't have a hangup about two seaters I'd have a C6 Z06 sitting in the garage right now. If you just want a muscle car that can make 600RWHP pretty easily, then the Cobra may be the way to go. I've been very happy mine and it's been a great car.