I need an engine swap.

Kuruma

Hey, just worked out a deal to get myself a donor Corolla GT-S, no rear end, motor and trans are good, the fuel tank and lines are there to gank as well. What I want is basically to have the engine, transmission, and assorted bits and pieces swapped over from the GT-S into my Corolla SR5 since it's engine is pretty crappy anyway. Depending on the condition, I may also want to swap the doors (use the existing door panels), and a few other misc. bits (such as the hatch door) since they seem to be in better shape then the ones I've got, rust wise. May or may not use the bumper. I'll know when I see it up close.

Basic question: Who can do it, how much. I'd be dropping off the donor car and the SR5 for the swap, whatever doesn't get used, you can have. Any interior parts you want, you can have em with the rest of the donor to use or sell as you wish. I only care about getting the 4A-GE engine, the GT-S trans, and maybe a few little bits and pieces in/on my car.

Red exterior, red/brown interior. The seats are, IMHO, beat as hell, or I would think of using them (Just bought a dremel tool, so it's AW11 MR2 seats for me once I grind the holes out a bit), and the dash has some cracks in it. It's a 1985, so the cluster is the one without the line pattern on it. Most of the interior isn't in very good shape, and the interior bits have been picked pretty bare. I'm keeping the hatch door (black) because mine is badly rusted, and the doors, because they're in better shape then mine. Looks like once I get the donor back here, the swap done, and some new 1/4 panels it'll be time to pick a new color for the car.

On a side note, anyone know a good way to move a shell that has no rear end? :)

I think a trailer is probably going to be the best way to bring it back, since towing a 2200lb car (less without the rear end obviously) with no rear end about 147 miles with a 4-cyl Probe sounds like a dubious idea at best. Can you recommend any companies to haul this bitch back here OR rent one for a 2-way trip from here to Connersville IN and back? I know it's gonna cost some money to do it, but aside from stripping everything out and hauling things back here in shifts using the Probe, I don't have any better ideas.

I think a trailer is probably going to be the best way to bring it back, since towing a 2200lb car (less without the rear end obviously) with no rear end about 147 miles with a 4-cyl Probe sounds like a dubious idea at best. Can you recommend any companies to haul this bitch back here OR rent one for a 2-way trip from here to Connersville IN and back? I know it's gonna cost some money to do it, but aside from stripping everything out and hauling things back here in shifts using the Probe, I don't have any better ideas.

OHHHHHHHh lol you're buying that GTS hatchback from Matt. lol

We were the ones that took the rear end. haha

Hahahaha. :D Yeah, you're right. The body's pretty chewed up, but the engine *runs* and all the parts are there that I need to get it swapped. My 4A-C engine hasn't run well enough to be driveable for about 10 months now, so even if the engine is high miles, it's still laying the groundwork to pull it again later and either rebuild, or replace it, or swap in a 4A-GZE :)

How's the rear end you got been treating ya? I don't mind not having it, since I don't really intend to drive my AE86 in a way that's going to make LSD or rear discs a must until all my own body work is done, and I have an engine in that runs like it just came outta the factory. (I'm tired of breaking my car!)

the 4A-GZE is a very sexy engine indeed, and is so flexible that you can do any type of forced induction or nitrous with it, not just supercharged. you could also research building a hybrid engine (freaky combination of certain heads, blocks, pistons ect) for the ultimate custom build. However for now, the basic 4A-GE is a nice upgrade from the 4A-C

Hahahaha. :D Yeah, you're right. The body's pretty chewed up, but the engine *runs* and all the parts are there that I need to get it swapped. My 4A-C engine hasn't run well enough to be driveable for about 10 months now, so even if the engine is high miles, it's still laying the groundwork to pull it again later and either rebuild, or replace it, or swap in a 4A-GZE :)

How's the rear end you got been treating ya? I don't mind not having it, since I don't really intend to drive my AE86 in a way that's going to make LSD or rear discs a must until all my own body work is done, and I have an engine in that runs like it just came outta the factory. (I'm tired of breaking my car!)

we haven't put it on my car yet, the calipers need rebuilt from being seized.

But doesn't your car already have the same rear end on it, with it being a GT-S? Or did you get one of the non LSD rear ends in yours? If your old one is still good, what do you plan to do with it?

It's an SR5 to GTS. Not a GTS. Automatic SR5 at that.