LS1 intake on LT1?

Billy

maybe he meant to say LT4 intake?!? idk

I'm pretty sure he said LS1, not 100% though. Anyways, i figured he was wrong. The two motors, (LS1 and LT1), are extremely diffrent I thought, and quickly shot him down when he said it. On another note, did the mid 90's SS Impala have a 454 in it? Or did it have the option to have it?

I'm pretty sure he said LS1, not 100% though. Anyways, i figured he was wrong. The two motors, (LS1 and LT1), are extremely diffrent I thought, and quickly shot him down when he said it. On another note, did the mid 90's SS Impala have a 454 in it? Or did it have the option to have it?

it had a lt1 in it, no 454 in the mid 90's

he might of said ls1 intake, but i was assuming he was an idiot and ment lt4

the intake ports dont even come close from ls1 to lt1

you can't put an LT4 intake on an LT1 motor unless you swap the heads also.

Exactly. Intake ports on the LT4 manifold don't match up to the LT1 heads.

An LS1 intake.....uhhh, yeah; it would be cheaper to have a sheetmetal intake fabricated and thermal coated than it would be to come up w/ a way to get the LS1 intake to work.

the LT4 intake wont work with out LT4 heads? i assumed that they were interchangeable, like LS1,Ls6 and LS2 (LS7??) but i never really looked into LT1 stuff to deep. Nice little bit to know.

I think it has to do with the intake runners being taller on the lt4. Not 100% sure though.

Actually it has more to do with the mating surfaces between the heads and the intake. You can machine the LT4 intake to work with the LT1 heads, but generally speaking there wouldn't be much to gain without also doing the heads since the heads are more the limiting factor than the intake.

Actually it has more to do with the mating surfaces between the heads and the intake. You can machine the LT4 intake to work with the LT1 heads, but generally speaking there wouldn't be much to gain without also doing the heads since the heads are more the limiting factor than the intake.

I don't think so... I"m pretty sure the LT4 intake won't even bolt up flush with LT1 heads.

Agreed, that is why you have to machine it. The LT1 intake will work on the LT4 heads though if I am not mistaken. There is some sort of lip on the LT4 intake that makes it unusable with the LT1 heads at least that is what my memory tells me although it has been known to fail me!