Timba Cigar / Powell / Be Careful!!!

Kohones

I have a fetish for butane lighters & they always quit working??? So after purchasing them like 2 a year @$40 a piece or so / I went into this Cigar store in August. Ended up buying a "Porsche Design" butane for $140.00. My wife was pissed but I didn't care, figured ok NOW I have a lighter that will work. WRONG, it quit lighting. This is not the stores fault. They didn't manufacture it, they are merely a retailer. I took the lighter back last Tuesday, & very nicely said - I'm not angry but it quit working, please send it out & let me know when it's fixed. The store attendant said they'd had no problem with that brand, but he'd advise the mgr & call me - 2 days later they call -

The posture is, I have to pick it up & send it back to the manufacturer myself? I said I wasn't upset other day but I'm getting their now! You collect my $$$$$ now you take no ownership to fix the problem? My wife went there & got no satisfaction either - If it was a $40 purchase, hey no worries, I've been there in that situation last several years. But a purchase of this magnitude / no service, & their posture is "Not there problem"???? I'll never go back there & I could walk there from my home. If I want a good cigar I'll drive down Sawmill to cigar store by the Hallmark card shop. I told them I'd let everyone I know, how there service is & their awful posture in retailing is once the sale's been made - this post is only the beginning -

I really don't see how they did wrong here. *shrug*. In my opinion they're wrong for not taking ownership & dealing with the manufacturer to fix it. I'm willing to pay for shipping it to manufacturer etc. This isn't a computer, its the top notch butane lighter. All I'd asked for was some service from the store. I'm in the retail b/z & have been for over 30 years. Customers don't mind paying for something as long as they're getting the "service" they paid for that normally goes with it. I won't ever buy anything there again. If you're ok with what they did to me, no worries. You can make purchases from them. I posted this for CR members so they could decide if they (individually) wanted to make purchases at a store like that or not. I'm really pi---- at them for the way they handled this. They didn't "build" the lighter, but they sold it to me. All I wanted as a customer was service in repairing it - I feel like - HEY we got your $$$, sorry 'bout our luck, now get out of my store! Thats not right in my book, maybe I'm wrong, but I feel taken advantage of -

I work for Lexus where customer satisfaction is everything.We give away way too much stuff to make our spoiled customers happy.When a guest has a problem if it's in your Dept. or not you take "ownership" of the problem and see it through until the customer is happy.That doesn't mean you can always take care of the problem,but you can get them to the person in the Co. that can and make sure they follow through.I have been part of the "Lexus way" for so long that I expect the same service and get disappointed when I don't receive it.In my opinion they should have taken care of the problem for you so they are wrong.

I really don't see how they did wrong here. *shrug*. In my opinion they're wrong for not taking ownership & dealing with the manufacturer to fix it. I'm willing to pay for shipping it to manufacturer etc. This isn't a computer, its the top notch butane lighter. All I'd asked for was some service from the store. I'm in the retail b/z & have been for over 30 years. Customers don't mind paying for something as long as they're getting the "service" they paid for that normally goes with it. I won't ever buy anything there again. If you're ok with what they did to me, no worries. You can make purchases from them. I posted this for CR members so they could decide if they (individually) wanted to make purchases at a store like that or not. I'm really pi---- at them for the way they handled this. They didn't "build" the lighter, but they sold it to me. All I wanted as a customer was service in repairing it - I feel like - HEY we got your $$$, sorry 'bout our luck, now get out of my store! Thats not right in my book, maybe I'm wrong, but I feel taken advantage of -

That is the thing though how is it THEIR job? I'm not following your logic here at all. I understand what you are saying about sending it to the manufacturer, but I digress. If you buy something from Best Buy Curcuit City or the like YOU are responsible for sending it in to the manufacturer to get a replacement or get it fixed NOT the B&M. A car dealership is a little bit different but with a purchase of $140 you should know that the B&M wouldn't really get involved with the matter that much.

You are talking about a $30K car which is a tad different.

My point is the "customer satisfaction".Everyone that comes in our dealership did not buy a $30k car from us,they could be driving a ES250 they bought off Joe Blow.We take care of ALL our customers because you never know when a 90 ES250 owner could hit the lottery and become a $72k LS430 buyer.Everyone makes mistakes it's how you handle the mistakes that makes the difference.A Co.should take care of a customer whether they bought a $15 air filter or a $72k LS430.Just my opinion.

Tommy - when you're here from Md. / you should patronize this place. I'll never go in their again & their located 1,000 yards from my home! I'm not against spending $$$$ and God knows I'm a good customer no matter where I'm at & what I'm purchasing. However, I expect service, (thats what I paid for). If you came here & bought a car from my dealership - we would provide you with excellent service. We would not take the posture of - just go back to a dealership in Md. they'll help you!!! If you see nothing wrong with what happened, then you should get on line & buy some merchandise from this store, because if they treat others the way they treated me / they're going to be looking hard for customers --

I don't smoke it's an unhealthy habit and disgusting, not to mention it kills people makes your breath stink and stains your clothes, teeth, and walls.

I think you are totally missing my point, look below and pay attention to the capitol words.

On your car comment that is the POINT you are SELLING CARS not a damn $140 lighter. Second you TOTALLY missed my comment about Best Buy, Circuit City, and the like. If you buy something from them and it BREAKS is SPECIFICALLY states in the MANUAL that you SHOULD NOT contact the STORE you bought it FROM you contact the MANUFACTURER directly. I guess they aren't doing their customer a serice either?

If I bought a car from you I'd never take it back to Ohio to get service when I can get it one in MD, now if I had an issue getting it serviced here then yes I might call you and I'm sure I'd have no regrets.

You're p---- me off & I don't even know you????? There was NOTHING in my lighter box, on the store windows, the sales receipt that stated - BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THE MERCHANDISE IS FAULTY. etc etc Actually the salesmen at time of purchase was just sooooo nice & helpful. I told him I'd yet to have a lighter that ever worked for long. He sold me on this one & alluded they'd take care of anything if I had problems ---- I've no beef with you & I can't argue with someone in Md. Whether you smoke or not is irrelavelent & wasn't a part of this original thread - I'm thru with this episode & I will continue to NOT be a patron at establishments like this one. I'm done -

For the record I am Parts Mgr, so I don't sell cars I sell parts.I am just saying that a person that has a good service experience is 10 times more likely to buy a car from our Dealership.I think even a $10.00 sale is important as well as a $72k car purchase.If you buy anything from a business they should at least try to help you if something goes wrong or expect you to go somewhere else.

NOS50 - you're 100% correct. Thats what we do at my dealership too. It appears obvious to me this ass clown from Md. is just posting to stir shit with me (for some reason)? He even took the topic to he doesn't smoke. I really could care less what he does. He, me, everyone = is entitled to their opinion. I started this thread with quite a bit of conviction. Though I'd NEVER go there again, Mr Md. can certainly patronize establishments like that as can anyone else. If he reads this post (which I don't care) & if he really isn't trying to start shit, then the best turn out is to merely = agree to disagree. Period. I probably won't make purchases at Best Buy either -----

First off you need to relax and realize that different establishments handle things differently. Not EVERYONE handles things like your almight dealerships do. And judging by your demeanor on here I wouldn't want to deal with you anyway.

Secondly I didn't take it to I don't smoke I said that bc you kept telling me to support them, if I don't smoke why the hell would I go there? Answer me that simple question please!

Third I didn't attack you personally so don't take that avenue with me, its the internet where people disagree all the time damn!

I wasn't trying to get under your skin, though it apparently worked. ;)

Cheers

First off you need to relax and realize that different establishments handle things differently. Not EVERYONE handles things like your almight dealerships do. And judging by your demeanor on here I wouldn't want to deal with you anyway.

Nor am I interested in dealing with you. I posted this for CR members that live here & might go into that store. My demeanor is STRONG as I posted this with "conviction". They quite frankly pissed me off. Your posts just pushed me even further? I've no beef with you as I stated earlier & if I wasn't so honked off at these people, I wouldn't have sooo strongly responded to you - Lets just agree to disagree, & let it go. Otherwise we'll end up in the kitchen & nothing will get solved anyway -

• 2 weeks later...
Final Chapter - Though I still wouldn't patronize that store, I have to say I'm very pleased with the service I did get (from the lighter manufacturer)!!!! They repaired & sent it back within two weeks with a note of apology for my inconvenience & no charge.