stupid car question.

Dweezel

The cars may be similar in terms of configuration, but in reality, they are VERY different. The Fiero isn't aluminum and wasn't for the most part hand built to the attention the NSX was. Balance and the sure footed chassis of the NSX is far and away better than what the Fiero can bring.

Also, the NSX is a race based platform that by today's standards is a bit useless and not as cutting edge, but the Fiero is and was by no means a race platform.

Honda could have developed this car to be great, but in typical Honda fashion, they aren't willing to stretch their necks out and make something ultra performance. They prefer safe and middle of the road... Thus, the build cost of the NSX supports it's price tag. The components and the way it takes to build those components is where the cost is.

The NSX is a great handling car. Friend has one and it is honestly pretty good. The later V6 Fieros are what I assume we are really looking at here in comparison and they are actually not that bad. However, their power plant isn't as refined nor is the chassis. It falls short because it really doesn't seem to gel as well as the NSX and it's components do. One thing you cannot take away from Honda - they have some great engineers. The S2000 is another good car that could have been great. But, it isn't.

The two cars here are close... On paper... In reality, it is more like the Buell 1125R vs. the Ducati 1098S or R...

holy freakin Christ people, it's a JOKE! Not that I'm a fan of the NSX, or anything from japan with 4 wheels, but I wasnt seriously trying to compare a jigsaw puzzle of old Citation parts to a drawn from scratch NSX especially on performance. However, looks they are quite similar in the front of the car, and their mechanical make up is erriely similar. Especially in the suspension. Don't get your panties in a bunch, I never said the handeling was the same just the makeup and parts list.

No it was actually supposed to be a joke of sorts, but they do look ridiculously similar. and for all intents and purposes are built the exact same way. 6cylinder mid engine car, manual trans-axel, 4wheel independent suspension, 4 wheel disk brakes, Radiator is in the front of the car, both use modified MacPherson struts on all 4 corners. There's a stupid amount of similarities between the two if you actually sit down and look at it.

for those of you who can't read a whole thread.

Joke or not a guy in Huber Heights loves those Fieros. His yard is packed with ones he's fixing up. He has at least 15 in his yard at all times.
Is that the guy off of 202 outside phoneton?

A GM powered mid engine car using the lovely 2.8L V6 with crap interior and an engine that eats cranks and intake gaskets.

A NSX is a titanium rod built motor, variable valve timed, DOHC limited production street car with IRL inspired parts and an interior and sound to die for

Drive the two and tell me what you think.

A GM powered mid engine car using the lovely 2.8L V6 with crap interior and an engine that eats cranks and intake gaskets.

A NSX is a titanium rod built motor, variable valve timed, DOHC limited production street car with IRL inspired parts and an interior and sound to die for

Drive the two and tell me what you think.

IRL? The IRL wasn't even in existence when the car debuted. CART maybe? :dunno:

IRL? The IRL wasn't even in existence when the car debuted. CART maybe? :dunno:

Honda used the some of their Engineering ideas and used them on a production car, just too bad they didnt use the same motor from their cars. Maybe i am getting my hyphenated racing series wrong