Ford bans competitors' vehicles from lot

SpaceGhost

Because at Honda their people knew they were building good products.

Chicken or the egg, doesn't matter what comes first. "You want to buy the good products that you're making, because the product rocks and you're proud of it? Buy a Ford." But this isn't where Ford is right now. Its actually: "Do you want to park in the plant lot - buy a Ford. Oh you don't like what Ford offers? Don't want to buy what you make? Then BUILD A BETTER FUKKING CAR!"

But believe it or not Espirit d' Corps can grow from odd, seemingly harsh births like this.

My hats off to this plant manager. Nice to see somebody taking it serious.

----------

Besides: If you were working there odds are you wouldn't want to look for another job because no other industry rewards asshat lazy hicks with big paychecks like the domestic automotive manufacturing business does.

They all drive Honda's because of the honda discount... end of story... hell, I hate those fucking cars and if I got a killer discount on the car, I'd rock it just for the simple fact that times are tough and I'm a cheap bastard.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because at Honda their people knew they were building good products.

This is wierd, i work at honda, and you should see some of the shit we let by. as anyone in a a quality area that has been there for more than 4 years and they will tell you they are just not what they used to be. I'm talking build quality, mechanically they are still as sound as ever.

BTW I would put ANY amount of money that less than half of the cars in the parking lot are honda. I know, I walk through it every day.

They all drive Honda's because of the honda discount... end of story... hell, I hate those fucking cars and if I got a killer discount on the car, I'd rock it just for the simple fact that times are tough and I'm a cheap bastard.

Wake up, there is so much bullshit in this thread. the employee discount is 10%. I have talked to MANY empoyees that have bought thier hondas in columbus because they got a better deal from a dealer in town where there is alot of competition.

good for them.

the whole marketing ploy about Honda's driving forever freaking kills me...

ANY motor is reliable and will make it a long time if you take care of it... Honda's aren't any more reliable than any other company... case in point, my Blazer, 183k on the motor... the car fires up FIRST time EVERY TIME and that car has not seen a good life... Joe Broadman's father had an S10 or blazer or something... 300k on the clock before he got rid of it.

oh, BTW, you can get the employee discount even if you go to the dealer... 10% off of a car sounds pretty damn good to me!

P.S. I am awake... and it looks like I will be for a while since I can't figure out where this stupid dripping sound is coming from

good for them.

the whole marketing ploy about Honda's driving forever freaking kills me...

ANY motor is reliable and will make it a long time if you take care of it... Honda's aren't any more reliable than any other company... case in point, my Blazer, 183k on the motor... the car fires up FIRST time EVERY TIME and that car has not seen a good life... Joe Broadman's father had an S10 or blazer or something... 300k on the clock before he got rid of it.

oh, BTW, you can get the employee discount even if you go to the dealer... 10% off of a car sounds pretty damn good to me!

P.S. I am awake... and it looks like I will be for a while since I can't figure out where this stupid dripping sound is coming from

Yeah because we all know that GM's 3.1 & 3.4 can go forever with basic maintenace right? Wait no...you gotta put intake gaskets on them starting in the area of 40K-60K usually. I can't think of anything that's a common problem, that you'd have to do to (engine wise) a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan that is going to cost you around $400-$500 with that milage.

I have a buddy with the 3.4 litre camaro.... he went 16x,xxx miles and then broke his timing chain.... he was the roughest person I've ever seen on cars also. but, he did keep up on his maintence.

BTW, I was just grouchy last night. :)

I would quit working there if i had to buy what i make unless the product was somthing that you wanted, Most people are just struggling to get buy let alone buy a difrent car just to keep there job. Or walk a far distance just to make a living. Imagine if you had to work at mcdonalds and thats all you could buy to eat, It would get old after a while.

I drove this into the thread, will it get towed? ha ha http://sniperkids.com/Web%20pics/DSCN2944%20(400%20x%20300).jpg

I'm not bashing the car company, But if my job depended on it and i needed it to get buy i guess you can only do what the "man" tells ya to do.

I worked for a company that made the fiberglass hood liners and speaker enclosures for the Camaro and Firebird. When I would go to the plant to check on fit and finish on the line they would not allow me to park on the visitor lot or main lot because the company car was a Toyota. I had to walk a mile carrying all my crap to the production entrance. The company started to rent Fords to visit the Ford plants and GM cars for GM plants. This was in the mid 80's.

I used to rent a Neon when I had to work in the Chrysler plant doing motor service.

Yeah because we all know that GM's 3.1 & 3.4 can go forever with basic maintenace right? Wait no...you gotta put intake gaskets on them starting in the area of 40K-60K usually. I can't think of anything that's a common problem, that you'd have to do to (engine wise) a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan that is going to cost you around $400-$500 with that milage.

My mothers 98 Monte w/ the 3.1 lasted 213k till she waited too long to buy oil so we could change it and the cam snapped of oil starvation, yes, the cam snapped. It's fucked up I know. It's now at about 27k, original tranny, you bet. Basic maintenance all the way.

I think this is good. Just like it was stated several times before. If you're not proud of the product your making and willing to invest into your company, you're at the wrong place. Get the hell out. How dumb is it to invest in your own company that benefits you, seriously!!! You don't need to be an econ major to figure that shit out.

Here is a hint, try knowing what you are talking about before sticking your foot in your mouth. Honda's "employee purchase Program" is a program through HAM (honda of america) NOT through American honda, which buys the cars from HAM and then takes them to dealerships. Two different companies. I've been told by more than one employee that the dealer they went to laughed when they were shown the EPP price.

wow, someone is waaaaaaaaaaaay too defensive...

BTW, my foot isn't in my mouth... I would actually have to care about this subject in order for my foot to go in my mouth.

I do know that you can get GM employee discounts at ANY GM dealership if you are an employee... it's not my fault that Honda likes to screw over their employees.

Guest mudbutt
GM has done this in the past as well.......

My money is staying w/ American companies......

There is no "american companies" anymore. Many "imports" are also built in america and many of the parts on "american" cars are made overseas. If you care that much about making a group of americans rich or a group of people overseas. Atleast the "import" manufacturers are bringing jobs here instead of taking them elseware like delphi is doing thousands at a time.

There is no "american companies" anymore. Many "imports" are also built in america and many of the parts on "american" cars are made overseas. If you care that much about making a group of americans rich or a group of people overseas. Atleast the "import" manufacturers are bringing jobs here instead of taking them elseware like delphi is doing thousands at a time.

Buying from American companys puts more money into the American economy, no? Obviously there is no TRUE american car's, but there are American companies ;) Believe me. It's not just the inital price of the car either, when you buy replacement parts, where do you have to buy the parts from eh? They do bring jobs here, which is great for our economy, but no one here can tell me that Honda invests 100% of their money back into the American economy.

Buying from American companys puts more money into the American economy, no? Obviously there is no TRUE american car's, but there are American companies ;) Believe me. It's not just the inital price of the car either, when you buy replacement parts, where do you have to buy the parts from eh? They do bring jobs here, which is great for our economy, but no one here can tell me that Honda invests 100% of their money back into the American economy.

And you cant tell me that any American company invests 100% back into America, Its just not logical, If A whole car was to be made in america down to every bolt and weld it would cost a shittone more than having some of it done overseas or in another country, Thus either you pay a ton more for a car that is built 100% in america, or you get a reliable Honda that the parts come from over seas and are assembled here.

Guest 614Streets

Very common problem with the 3100 and 3400 v6 engines.

I have a buddy with the 3.4 litre camaro.... he went 16x,xxx miles and then broke his timing chain.... he was the roughest person I've ever seen on cars also. but, he did keep up on his maintence.

That 3.4 is not the same as a 3100 or 3400 it has Iron heads.

I really dont have a point other than 3.1 3.4 being more of a cousin to the 3100 and 3400 (block crank and rods are the same though).

And you cant tell me that any American company invests 100% back into America, Its just not logical, If A whole car was to be made in america down to every bolt and weld it would cost a shittone more than having some of it done overseas or in another country, Thus either you pay a ton more for a car that is built 100% in america, or you get a reliable Honda that the parts come from over seas and are assembled here.

I just think Japan / Korea / Germany / etc. are laughing at us for what they did to our economy / parking lots.

I support American car companies, I have never had problems w/ any domestic car that I've owned. Yes all companies have some parts made overseas this is true w/ all manufacturer's. In the End Hondas, Toyota's, Nissan's money goes back to Japan. You can't say all of their money comes back to the US. Ya know what if more people were loyal to the ORIGINAL automakers then we wouldn't have to be closing plants. I do however think all automakers are hurting themselves by producing too many vehicles per year and their are too many options to choose from. If companies would build 250,000 X model cars instead of 800,000 and just have special orders, they'd be better off.

This is my choice, and you have the right as well. Also if you need work done on a car or need to replace parts a Domestic car will be much cheaper than an overseas car, and where do you think that money goes? I'm also not too enthused about giving my money to Japanese or German companies that profited from building vehicles and aircraft that killed our servicemen. But that just me.

Plus I can fit my damn hands in a Domestic car's engine bay to work on it if need be! I haven't sat in a foreign car yet that dosen't hurt my back w/ those cheap ass seats.

Flame on.....

all i have to say is ford festiva. make it your beater car, and if you cant afford to buy a used one, then you should probably be on well-fare

This is wierd, i work at honda[/Quote]

what department do you work in? my mom works there, she is part of stamping and plastics

This is my choice, and you have the right as well. Also if you need work done on a car or need to replace parts a Domestic car will be much cheaper than an overseas car, and where do you think that money goes? I'm also not too enthused about giving my money to Japanese or German companies that profited from building vehicles and aircraft that killed our servicemen. But that just me.

here is a dfiference, you buy a car because you don't want to help companies that profited from "killing your servicemen". Also if that is your criteria, Then you should have no problem buying a Honda since it was established in 1956, well after WWII

I buy a car because its good and worth every dollar I put into it. Ever wonder why domestic cars lose value faster than the panties on a 18 yr old whore at prom?

Until i stop seeing someone's Alero with 30k miles needing a water pump, or a camaro with a V6 needing a head gasket after 70k miles. Then thats not where my money is going.

Which brings us back to the original post.

American automotive products need to be better. They just do. End of debate. Its not about loyalty or percentages or suppliers. The end product needs to be better.

This plant manager is at least taking a real step over at least the part in the giant chain from start to finish that he has some control over at least to try to up that quality.

Kudos, plant manager.

Which brings us back to the original post.

American automotive products need to be better. They just do. End of debate. Its not about loyalty or percentages or suppliers. The end product needs to be better.

This plant manager is at least taking a real step over at least the part in the giant chain from start to finish that he has some control over at least to try to up that quality.

Kudos, plant manager.

It's all about percentages. I'm sure the build quality is good enough. Although I'm sure it could be better that is not the primary reason why the ex-Big 3 are in this current crisis. While my car or your car may have been put together a little better, it's the inherent quality from the design of the car that is better. They simply can not make a profit on many automobiles because what the have to put into them is too much money for what they can get out of them. That's what happens when a line worker is getting paid far too much because the UAW has a strangle hold on them (the Big 3). That is 100% the problem. Although part of the issue at this point may be huge pensions, that's because of the huge amount of money line workers were making in the past due to the UAW.

I'm not saying that is a bad move. That is a huge PR move, but it's going to create an imperciveable increase in the quality of the cars if any. They might sell a few more due to Joe Blow liking this campaign, or a few people not wanting to walk as far at their plant. It's not going to do anything for the profit margins on the cars, and very little for their market share. I can tell you this is will likely have the impact of the kinematic equivalent of a spec of dust underneath an elephant’s foot in relation to their current financial crisis. Regardless of the Plant Managers intentions, whether they be completely political/PR motivated, or completely heartfelt die hard Fords are the best car in the world. That's the reality of the situation and what little effect this is going to have on that company, the outcome of this isolated incident has little to do with his intentions.

here is a dfiference, you buy a car because you don't want to help companies that profited from "killing your servicemen". Also if that is your criteria, Then you should have no problem buying a Honda since it was established in 1956, well after WWII

I buy a car because its good and worth every dollar I put into it. Ever wonder why domestic cars lose value faster than the panties on a 18 yr old whore at prom?

Until i stop seeing someone's Alero with 30k miles needing a water pump, or a camaro with a V6 needing a head gasket after 70k miles. Then thats not where my money is going.

Those were just points........I buy for the same reason as well.....I'm had great luck w/ Ford cars and trucks as has my family thats the biggest reason why i continue to buy FORD product Period!