This should piss some v-8 owners

Guest 4dooralero

Why would that piss us off. Its shows that the guy who owned that car got smart and put a good motor in it.

Exactly, I was like, "I'm not pissed at that; if anything, I'd like to see more cars get LSX swaps." And then I was like, "Man, I am so badass that middle school kids write reports about me" and then proceeded to fall asleep in a narcissistic bliss.

Ahhahahhaha.

the motor is stock exept for a Z06 intake and ported throttle body,true 2 1/2 dual exhaust with a x-pipe and stainless magnaflow mufflers

But

it was dynoed in south carolina by hp tunners and it was somthing like 389 or 398 to the tires before the intake was put on,so it should be a litle more now

This one is a gem too.

the car weighed 2820lbs with a full tank of gas

….

just think it has the same motor as a new vete but almost 1,000lbs lighter

Still a cool car. I guess that’s what happens when someone with too much money pays someone else to do their stuff sometimes.

Also, that motor is shoved in there. I would hate to do an work on that thing.

Guest mithesaint
Someone help me out here.....is that really a ZO6 intake? Looks like the famous $50 Ebay HOT (cold) air intake to me......interesting way to hit 400 rwhp.....riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Guest racinbird
Someone help me out here.....is that really a ZO6 intake? Looks like the famous $50 Ebay HOT (cold) air intake to me......interesting way to hit 400 rwhp.....riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Looks like a true LS6 intake (not called a Z06), notice no EGR port on top. BTW he is describing the intake manifold not the air intake tube set-up

Guest racinbird
zo6 or ls6 intake mainfold.

Sort of except it also comes in the 01-02 F bodys, some cts-v's and I belive GTO's, so saying exclusive to Z06 can confuse people. Plus Vette Z06 have fly by wire, different and harder to set-up on an LS1 cable driven throttle

Thats cool, but that motor sits way to far forward in the 240s, the weight distribution has to be off. But cool non the less.

i bet after cooler and piping that it wouldn't be much different then a sr20 motor with the aftermarket goodies to have comparable horsepower

Id rock it. After it got repainted stock and put the stockish rims on it. (read: sleeper)

IM with you on this one repaint the car to a stock color, some stock rims with some sticky tires and that would be one hell of a sleeper :)

Mark

I'm just betting that the owner is some punk kid who mommy and daddy gave a shitton of money to. He probably heard that 240sx's are teh 1337, bought one and got pwned by everything. Then, he went to mommy and daddy who gave him the credit card, and he ran by the local auto shop that happens to have a huge hardon for LSx motors, and told them to do what they wish with the shitty car and a huge budget. The dudes at the auto shop had probably seen things like this before, saw opportunity with this ricer idiot, and decided to go buck nasty on mommy and daddy's bank account. Now junior got too many speeding tickets and mommy and daddy made him sell the car, but forgot to teach him to spell check his ebay auctions.

IMO its probably a fucking sweet car that has most likely been driven by a complete idiot for the first short years of its undeniably short life...It'll probably blow up b/c of constant redlining and a complete lack of respect for the car.

It reminds me of a black S2000 with an LS6 (I think?) swap. I remember him from srtforums, so some of the mopar fellas here might know who I'm talking about. He's got his trunk and doors welded shut, I believe, and its pretty much a straight up trackmobile.