Best place to buy carseat for cheap? And what are good kinds?

Bam

My daughter is outgrowing her infant seat and the straps don't adjust any longer so we need to buy a rear facing seat for her. What are some good brands to check out? And price range to stay in? I've seen them at target, walmart and babies R us ranging from $50-$400. Obviously I'd love to get the $50 one since we've gotta buy two, but I want to get good safe seats.

Thanks guys,

toys r us is going out of business on W. Broad was there last week and really didnt see anything left you could check again thou. As for a good company Simpson (racing saftey equipment) makes some but im sure they are pricey. If your going to a local store Graco is a good company.

My parents have practically a brand new car seat they dont' need anymore. She bought a booster seat for my son.

I'm sure she'll get rid of it fairly cheap. Like I said, it's pretty much brand new. She hardly used it. I can take pics if you want.

toys r us is going out of business on W. Broad was there last week and really didnt see anything left you could check again thou. As for a good company Simpson (racing saftey equipment) makes some but im sure they are pricey. If your going to a local store Graco is a good company.

Wont work for infants. The kid needs to be 3ft+ tall to use the simpson.

We've got a Graco infant seat. its teh one where the base belts to the car, and the infant seat clips in and out of it, super easy....I never liked it, and wouldn't trust it in a wreck. He'll soon be grown out of it, though.

Way to bring this thread back from the dead, lol. I actually ordered some Evenflo Titan 5's online @ Target. They were rated #1 from the NHSTA and CR, so I thought they were good enough for my baby. They arrived today and I'm installing them via latch system here in a little bit.

Another question...anyone have some old BLACK sheets they don't want anymore?? I'd like to throw them over the back seats of our cars, but I dont want any STAINS on them, lol.

Actually the simpson specs from there website are:

WITH 5-POINT HARNESS

Booster car seat is secured with vehicle seat belt threaded thru back of car seat; child is secured by 5-point harness system

FOR CHILDREN 20-40 LBS.

when used with 5-point harness: this restraint is certified for use in aircraft

WITH VEHICLE COMBINATION LAP/SHOULDER BELT

Booster car seat elevates child so vehicle combination lap/shoulder belt is positioned comfortably and securely

FOR CHILDREN 30-100 LBS.

when used without the 5-point harness as a belt positioning seat: this restraint is not certified for use in aircraft

Meets or exceeds all applicable motor vehicle safety standards.

Features:

Comfort clips help position vehicle shoulder belt away from child's neck

Shell is comfort molded for cushion comfort

5-point harness with simple one pull adjustment for a snug fit

5-point harness is removable for use with combination of vehicle lap/shoulder belt

3-position shoulder harness slots for growth

Extra thick padding in seat cushion keeps child comfortable

Beltway routing system for easier installation

Convenient 2-piece quick release harness tie saves time

Deep wide sides and high back seat supports child's back and head

Latch equipped for easy installation

Convenient cup holder

Two recline positions

Mesh storage pocket

It's what my daughter has been in for almost 2 years( she finally hit 20 lbs at 15months) and it fits her great.

PS: it is actually made by Graco.

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports

^^^^ How old is your daughter now, 15 months and or ???? Your statement is kind of misleading, you say she's been in it for two years,but she's only 15months old, or did you start her in the seat when she was 15months and 20lbs, because according to the seat specifications, its not recommended for infants.

My daughter is just under 18lbs and is 8months old, so obviously I couldn't choose the simpson seat.

Thanks for posting the specs though, maybe once she hits 40lbs I'll look into that but as I posted above I bought 2 Evenflo Titan 5's as they were recommend number 1 in crash safety tests and whatnot. So far we like them alot, they are a charcoal color so they don't look bad and they have the recline feature for rear facing.

^^^^ How old is your daughter now, 15 months and or ???? Your statement is kind of misleading, you say she's been in it for two years,but she's only 15months old, or did you start her in the seat when she was 15months and 20lbs, because according to the seat specifications, its not recommended for infants.

My daughter is just under 18lbs and is 8months old, so obviously I couldn't choose the simpson seat.

Thanks for posting the specs though, maybe once she hits 40lbs I'll look into that but as I posted above I bought 2 Evenflo Titan 5's as they were recommend number 1 in crash safety tests and whatnot. So far we like them alot, they are a charcoal color so they don't look bad and they have the recline feature for rear facing.

Sorry she turned 3 oct 2005. yes I went by what the manual that cam with the seat said which was 20 lbs. I used the supplied head cushion horseshoe thing for another 6 months or so.

Joshua

we started out with the Graco brand called snug ride you buy two bases and then you can transfer the seat back and forth between cars the info that came with the infant seat says you can get get the larger seat that snaps into the same base might want to check into it....

oh and cheap and car seat should never be used together in the same sentence what the fuck is wrong with you?

we started out with the Graco brand called snug ride you buy two bases and then you can transfer the seat back and forth between cars the info that came with the infant seat says you can get get the larger seat that snaps into the same base might want to check into it....

Dave....chill. I've already been thru all this.

Yes, we did have the infant seat with two bases that you just snap in. But you'll soon find out that he/she outgrows them and you need to upgrade, hence why I made this post.

oh and cheap and car seat should never be used together in the same sentence what the fuck is wrong with you?

And you need to learn how to fuckin' read my friend, it'll do you wonders!

Cheap and Carseat CAN go together, the more expensive it is DOES NOT show how good something is....let me prove it to you...

I bought the Evenflo Titan 5 for $60 a piece online, which rated NUMBER ONE, compared to the Britax Roundabout which retails for $250 and it came in...SECOND PLACE. So one is $190 MORE expensive yet in safety/crash ratings comes in 2nd place to....dare I say it..a CHEAPER alternative for only $60. Damn son, you just got owned.

See what I'm talking about...scroll to the bottom because the type of seat that I needed and you'll soon need is called a CONVERTIBLE SEAT.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/babies-kids/child-car-booster-seats/child-car-booster-seats-505/ratings/child-car-seats.htm#bot9

Now, how's the little one? Boy or Girl? Name? C'mon man gimme all the info, how's mom doing? I haven't talked to her in forever, tell her I said hi!