Best place to buy gear, and helmet.

Hey guys, sorry with all the dumb questions. I am still new to this bike thing, and just got the bike running last weekend. Are there any good bike forums? I need to buy a good helmet and jacket. I have no idea what to look for, or where to look at. I went to Iron Pony, they of course had everything, but are there better prices online? I have no problem spending money on a good helmet, as long as it saves my head. I like the looks and fit of the Arai helmets, and I havent heard any negatives about them.

Thanks Again,

Tom

Super. A newbie that wants gear, you already headed in the rite direction!

You can try things on at Iron Pony and buy online, lots of people do this. Ideally, youre going to need a nice leather jacket at least. I DO NOT recommend a textile or anything else cheaper, remember, if you fall this is going to save your skin. I have an Alpinestars jacket of course.

I have a Shoei RF1000 helmet, it fit my noggin better than the Arai did. Both are equally just as good. I dont recommend a junky HJC helmet. For those that have them, Im sorry, but they are pieces of shit. After riding with a Shoei or Arai on your head you wont want anything cheaper.

Maybe during the summer you can look into some riding boots then, most dont where them, but I refuse to wear regular shoes while riding now.