Ls1 Eater

cptn janks

As long as it is a manual yes. Basically because at that price one could sell the shell for not much less than that. The rear end would get a Torsen T2R and 5 lug axles, the transmission would get new synchros, I would be freshening up the engine anyways so the blown head gasket is not that big of a deal. The lower control arms would get new ball joints and poly bushings. I would use 96+ spindles, an 03 Cobra rack, and Cobra brakes. Taking selling the shell into consideration and the price of the car now and what work I would do anyways I think this would be a good donor car do a Factory Five Cobra or Daytona Coupe. But it is all speculation anyways because I am not going to be building a FFR anytime soon. But just for posterity's sake this would be what I would want to use the car for:

http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/coupe/375web.jpg

As long as it is a manual yes. Basically because at that price one could sell the shell for not much less than that. The rear end would get a Torsen T2R and 5 lug axles, the transmission would get new synchros, I would be freshening up the engine anyways so the blown head gasket is not that big of a deal. The lower control arms would get new ball joints and poly bushings. I would use 96+ spindles, an 03 Cobra rack, and Cobra brakes. Taking selling the shell into consideration and the price of the car now and what work I would do anyways I think this would be a good donor car do a Factory Five Cobra or Daytona Coupe. But it is all speculation anyways because I am not going to be building a FFR anytime soon.

i'm a chevy lovin kind of guy but I do like the way this man thinks!

for the haters: atleast this guy is smart enough to start with a potentially fast car (even if it is a rust bucket) when he wants to build a fast car rather than a "Vtech" in a rice bucket.

BUT...watch what you say because by no means would it be an LS1 slayer. The LS1 was a profet sent by the Car gods. This car would be more accurately described as "LS1Prey"...which is probably what most the people on this board's license plates should read, including my own.

BUT...watch what you say because by no means would it be an LS1 slayer. The LS1 was a profet sent by the Car gods. This car would be more accurately described as "LS1Prey"...which is probably what most the people on this board's license plates should read, including my own.

Yeah I was joking, I got the "LS1 Slayer" from the ad of the Mustang (which actually had leaves and sticks on top of it btw). But, all jokes aside, that car I posted above with a 430 fhp 351 ran 11.9 in the 1/4 with a 3.6 second 0-60. A Factory Five Roadster with a 240 fhp 5.0 and 3.55 gears ran a 13.2 1/4 with a 4.7 0-60. But I totally agree that the LSx is the ultimate pushrod engine.

martindc1, that was definitely my favorite factory five car until the decided to make this little number.

http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/GTM/gallery/images/GTM-B1jpg.jpg

Oh, and it uses all C5 underpinings (minus tranny) and engine. MR engine setup. 2250lb dry weight. awwwww skeet skeet skeet skeet