Getting Title for Quad

r6allstar

Is there an easy way to do this? The guy I bought it off of gave me some paperwork and a couple numbers to call and said that they would send me the title but it just seems like it is going to be a pain in the ass. Can I just bring a "bill of sale" with me to the Title Office and get a title for it? I dont know the exact process of doing this with a quad.

if the guy LOST the title, and it in HIS name, he can come with you to the title office with 2 forms of ID, and they can make a new title, and title it over to your name in the process., you might need to write the VIN off the quad and bring it with you also

The problem is, with it being a 2003, it did originally come with a title. Therefore it is titled in someones name. Since July, 1999 they all came with titles and the buying/selling/transferring title process should be done exactly the same as a car.

If your sure it was NEVER stolen at any point in time, you can go to the title office with the VIN, and they can help you track who's name the title is in, then you can contact that person to sign the title over to you. BUT! if that person wants to be a dick, or the quad was ever stolen, that guy can contact the police with your address, and they will come confiscate the quad, and you'll be screwed.

If your sure it was NEVER stolen at any point in time, you can go to the title office with the VIN, and they can help you track who's name the title is in, then you can contact that person to sign the title over to you. BUT! if that person wants to be a dick, or the quad was ever stolen, that guy can contact the police with your address, and they will come confiscate the quad, and you'll be screwed.

Tony, sounds like you should follow 12oclocker's advice. If this thing isn't stolen you can probably get the title and if it is stolen....well I don't think you want it then anyways.

I know it isnt stolen, I have the paperwork from when it was repossessed by the creditor. The guy I purchased it from bought it from the creditor at a repo auction but never got the title with it. He gave me some numbers to call and he said they could help me get the title... I was just hoping there would be a faster way to do it.

The problem is, with it being a 2003, it did originally come with a title. Therefore it is titled in someones name. Since July, 1999 they all came with titles and the buying/selling/transferring title process should be done exactly the same as a car.

+1 i JUST bought a 2002 rm250......took FOREVER because the guy i bought it from said he never had a title, and i didnt know any better so i bought it. It took 3 weeks to track down all the owners, and even then, i had to deal with the original dealer!!! but i got it!!! :)....but what a cluster eff