Friday night's F-Body Orgy

Bird69

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What cutout do you have and how much was it?

QTP

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=25

when i got mine 2 years ago it was only $130

my cutout was also good for a solid gain of 40rwhp on my last trip to the dyno

Team ZO6 will be back shortly here to put them all in place and keep them in check.

TRUTH.

Team Z06 better fall back, it seems Team F-Body is representing well, and can add the Formula to the mix in a few weeks ;)

Team F-Body should get their wins while they can. In a few weeks, you'll need Chuck Norris driving your mullet mobiles just to keep up...

TRUTH.

Team F-Body should get their wins while they can. In a few weeks, you'll need Chuck Norris driving your mullet mobiles just to keep up...

Chuck Norris is going to tune my mullet mobile in a few weeks. That way when I lose, I'll still lose, but at least my car will be blessed by the hand of god.

as far as the cutout, I had heads/cam with a cutout and I didn't even notice a difference in power when it was opened or closed.... "By the seat of your pants" isn't a good way to judge HP gains... sound <> always = hp gains

Do me a favor, go post that on LS1Tech and see what kind of respones you get... :lol:

you can ask the dozen or so people that were there on friday and they will tell you i gained 40 rwhp just by opening my cut.

i might consider posting my dyno sheet with the difference. again i still have to stock muffler on the car.

you can ask the dozen or so people that were then on friday and they will tell i gained 40 rwhp just by opening my cut.

i might consider posting my dyno sheet with the difference. again i still have to stock muffler on the car.

I'm not doubting that you gained horsepower or even 40 between dynos. It's a proven fact that a cutout gains maybe 10 HP at most. So either your engine is more broken in and making more power, or something else caused the difference in numbers. That's what I'm saying.

Edit: Did you actually dyno it, then open the cutout and dyno it again, right there? So you physically saw the 40 RWHP change right there?

I'm not doubting that you gained horsepower or even 40 between dynos. It's a proven fact that a cutout gains maybe 10 HP at most. So either your engine is more broken in and making more power, or something else caused the difference in numbers. That's what I'm saying.

Edit: Did you actually dyno it, then open the cutout and dyno it again, right there? So you physically saw the 40 RWHP change right there?

yes the only difference between pulls was the postion of the cutout