Extra body panels anyone?

Kevin R.

Just curious if anyone had any extra body panels lying around they dont need, preferably non-plastic (hoods, quarter panels, trunk, etc).

I just picked up a new rotary and want to practice before I go and jack up someone's car. If I master it, I'll do your car FO FREE! :)

I will pay for it if necessary, not looking for anything valuable to anyone though.

Thanks

ive got a couple doors from my elantra im getting ready to strip out. the back door has a small dent near the front and the drivers side door at the front is banged in, but the rest of the door is good. if you can give me a few days, you can have them. i was going to pitch them this week

My deck lid is painted... my door is painted, but its only the black shell part of the door. Saturns have plastic outer skins over the steel space frame. My door has all of the steel shell, glass, and all the guts that make the door work, just no plastic.

Ron - the decklid is painted black correct? That would be perfect. I don't think I would need the door with all the insides and things, so the decklid would work.

Evan - what color are they? reason I ask is I don't need a white or silver because learning with a rotary i can't tell what i am doing wrong on light colors like that. Things like black, red, dark blue, etc are best.

Thanks again guys.

I used a rotary for the first time on my car, which is black btw, and did no harm. They aren't too hard to use. Then again, I had an Infiniti detailer walking me along. Just don't push too hard or stay in one place for long and you should be fine.

I'm a little picky though, maybe even a bit crazy when it comes to my paint. I have seen what a rotary can do, even when people think they know what they are doing. I work at a Honda dealer and see it everyday. In fact, the guys that buff at my dealership would be one of the LAST people I would let touch my car.

Not saying you didn't have the hang of it right away. But, why chance it when I can go get these panels for next to nothing and not risk a $1000< paint job.

Ya know? :)

I'm in Gahanna too. If you wanna come stop by and get this deck out of my garage, I'm in town until Thursday morning. Hell, I'll give it to ya. I don't need this thing in my garage. Call me at 430-1162 until about 6:30 in the evening, we'll set up a time.

Hey Ron - if you're only in town until Thursday I don't know if that will work out for me. With school and work my only day available is Friday unless you're home early in the morning i.e. 9 - 9:30. Let me know and I'll give you a call. Thanks for the offer though if it doesn't work out.

I can throw it in my truck if you wanna pick it up in Worthington... I'm at work at 8:30 in the morning, but I'll be at home Thursday morning until about 11:00 AM if you wanna pick it up then. Also, I'll only be gone for the weekend, coming back on Monday, so lemme know.

ok fuck it. i was going to try to pull the glass out, but its not worth my time. if you want the panels, call me and you can come grab em. otherwise, im trashing them next week. 374.7741 im home after 9 on tuesday and aftr 5 the rest of the week

Here's to you Ron. Now I need a black one. :)

Just after 1 step.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/qwik5o/9180a67c.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/qwik5o/220478d5.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/qwik5o/IMAG0004.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/qwik5o/IMAG0003.jpg

:cool: