Bike suggestion

cjackson

Ok, I've been missing being able to ride for a long long time now, so I'm looking into getting a sport bike. If I had my way I'd get the new Triumph Daytona 675, bike's hot, but I'm poor and need to not start with a brand new bike. I've been looking at the CBR, GSX-R, and R6's. All around 600 cc's. I don't want a litre bike for my first sport bike. I'm about 5'6 - 5'9, kinda stocky about 170 lbs. I've sat on the GSX-R's but haven't been able to get on the other two, and I don't have my license yet, so no test rides for me (working on that). Anyways, I was just wondering what you guys would suggest as a good bike. Oh and if you want to suggest a Kawisaki, don't I'm biased about them and just personally don't like them, nothing against any Ninja owners, I just don't like Kawisaki's. No real reason, just personal preference. Anyways, let me know what you think.

What have you ridden in the past?

+1

Experience dictates what what we would suggest.

If you have no experience, then I suggest an SV650, Ninja 500 or even a mid 90s CBR600.

Before you actually purchase the bike, get a quote from your insurance agent. You may not like the results.

the only thing I've ridden in the past is MX so I know it's going to be a learning curve. That's no biggy, I pick up on things like that pretty quick. I'm actually not looking to get a liter bike to start with, I like living. Anyways, last MX bike I had was a RM125, I loved that bike so I might be partial to Suzuki. Just thought I'd see what you guys think.

Guest FrancesTheMute
I started out first on dirt bikes, rode for years as a kid. My first street bike was a Kawasaki Ninja 250R. I moved up to a Ninja 500R after a year because the 250 was too damn slow. In my honest opinion, if you have previous dirt experience, street isn't much of a change. I'd go with a 99+ Yamaha R6 (I'm a huge Yamaha fan though, so I'm biased). Also, Kawasaki just released a Ninja 650R, I haven't read anything on it yet, but it looks sick, and it is well priced.