Help!! Bike Stolen!!

wolfman

Hey everyone. Unfortunately, I woke up this morning to find that my bike has been stolen. I live in Olentangy Commons area, which up to this point, seemed like an OK neighborhood to keep a bike in. If anyone sees it though, let me know.

Info on bike:

2007 CBR600rr approx 6600-6700 miles on odometer

-Viper Red

-Track Bodywork with Black Dzus fasteners

-No Decals except for OhioRiders decals on windshield

-Gilles VCR Rearsets (gold color)

-Bridgestone BT002 RS tires

-GSXR mirrors with integrated turn signals

-Nice sized scratch on right side of swing arm

-Right side case cover is rashed

-Subframe and stock exhaust are painted black

-Left headlight tabs are broken

-Delrin swing arm sliders/spools

Plate # 12NPA

VIN# JH2PC40017M001200

2598594620060779869S500x500Q85.jpg

2552125260060779869S500x500Q85.jpg

2462098310060779869S500x500Q85.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of security did you have on the bike? I'm not trying to be a dick and go "well there's your problem", but it'd be nice to get an idea of how dedicated the bike thieves are down in the area. I'm getting sort of paranoid about leaving my bike at my new house this year...

What kind of security did you have on the bike? I'm not trying to be a dick and go "well there's your problem", but it'd be nice to get an idea of how dedicated the bike thieves are down in the area. I'm getting sort of paranoid about leaving my bike at my new house this year...

None, dude... I used to put a disk brake lock on but that does nothing bc they will just lift it into a truck or van.

That sucks dude. Lived there for 2 years and I thought it was half-way decent. I never thought my bike was going to get stolen. Will keep a look-out and good luck.

Same here....finishing up my second year here and never thought it was that bad. I had it parked right next to OsuMj's bike in a parking spot.

I usually have it parked between the dumpster and trailer with a cover on it...last night was the first night I have left it in a regular parking spot. I am 2-3 weeks away from moving into a condo with garage, too. :(

Same here....finishing up my second year here and never thought it was that bad. I had it parked right next to OsuMj's bike in a parking spot.

I usually have it parked between the dumpster and trailer with a cover on it...last night was the first night I have left it in a regular parking spot. I am 2-3 weeks away from moving into a condo with garage, too. :(

I always tried to keep mine "hidden" between cars. And if I was going to be away for a few days, I would roll it onto the patio, even if my roommates were going to be there. It sucks this shit always has to happen right before you wouldn't have to worry about it anymore with a garage. Effin' thieves.

Everytime something like this happens in my neighborhood I start talking about setting up cameras and sitting outside with a gun. Why do people have to steal? At least knock on my door and let me know so I have the chance of beating the crap out of you.

WTF?!?! That's awful news. I'll help you beat up the theives when we catch them

Haha, you just made eric smile for the first time today... he's just been a grump-ass (understandably) to me so far.

Everytime something like this happens in my neighborhood I start talking about setting up cameras and sitting outside with a gun. Why do people have to steal? At least knock on my door and let me know so I have the chance of beating the crap out of you.

I've got the scorpio alarm on my bike. When I was living in AZ the alarm pager started going off...I looked outside and there was an older truck and two guys around my bike.

It was very close to similar to knocking on my door.

With the help of a neighbor and his 45 we had a talk with those two guys.

With the help of a neighbor and his 45 we had a talk with those two guys.

I've got the 500 mossberg and a S&W AR I can go out and scare people with. Problem is I never hear them. Apparently someone walked into my neighbors garage the other day at 9 oclock and walked out with their air compressor.

Why can't these people get caught and run over with a car?

I have a noisy porch and lock my rear tire with a bike lock through the frame, they would have to carry it all the way around my house, and good luck getting it through the door to the porch I can bairly ride it through, let me hear some dumbass trying to steal my bike at night, :boxing:

I have a noisy porch and lock my rear tire with a bike lock through the frame, they would have to carry it all the way around my house, and good luck getting it through the door to the porch I can bairly ride it through, let me hear some dumbass trying to steal my bike at night, :boxing:

You'll come running out with your Hi Point and not shoot the guy. Perfect.

:beathorse:

Did you have lojack on it?

have the police said anything other than we'll do what we can.

Sucks to hear that.

No lojack...or gps tracking. Definitely going on my next bike.

CPD pretty much said not to get my hopes up and to call the impound lot every few days just in case it gets recovered.