Best Garage Mod Ever. 56k Warning

nurkvinny

For Christmas, my wife bought my a screen that covers your whole garage door opening. It rolls up out of the way like a truck bedcover. You can unzip it from either side to walk in and out.

For me, it is just to keep the inch-and-a-half long horseflies from buzzing me in the hot months. Anyways, GREAT invention...

http://www.nurkvinny.com/images/CR/Screen.jpg

From Inside

http://www.nurkvinny.com/images/CR/Screen3.jpg

My grandpa made something like that for their 1 car garage, but it was a framed insert that came out in 4 peices, and the door closed over it for storms...not that it needed to, you could run your car into it and it'd be fine. He did this when they got the house back in like 1960. Makes for a great room.

They have a lot of those here in Florida. It let's old people back their Grand Marquis out of the garage and use the garage as a makeshift patio.

Actually a great idea. We all know how many bugs can get in your garage when you have the door open at night with the light on.

They have a lot of those here in Florida. It let's old people back their Grand Marquis out of the garage and use the garage as a makeshift patio.

Actually a great idea. We all know how many bugs can get in your garage when you have the door open at night with the light on.

WTF, when did your bitch ass move down to Flordia?

sweeet do you have that s10 done yet?

It will never be done. :) I had actually got everything buckled back up and semi-tuned 2 weeks ago. Then, on the test drive, the 15 year old TH350 called it quits. I just got done dropping the old transmission out yesterday.

A new-to-me trans, higher stall, new driveshaft, solid mount, and trans cooler/electric fan combo going in this week. 4.56s are taking the place of the 3.50s soon after that.

Hoping the 4.56s will get me back into the high 14's.

I was thinking that you bought a 2 post car lift for your new house....

I wanted one... researched them, asked around here for suggestions, etc. In the end, I spoke to a contractor about my garage ceiling height (actually, how to raise it), and found that it is very possible to cut sections out of 4 or 5 trusses, and then box them in on 3 sides to add 3' or so for clearance.

The ceiling is 10' now, so I could get the S10 or GTO fairly high, but that MOD is a few years down the road. I'm still young enough to lay on the concrete :) .