I need to find someone's unlisted phone #

MrMeanGreen

I'm talking to a friend from HS who found out she was adopted. While she's been able to track down two possibilities of her birth parents, she is unable to find any additional info and the numbers coming back for the people are unlisted.

She'd like to contact them to confirm some info she has and to see if these people are her blood parents.

Is there anyone or is there a way to get the phone numbers she requires, although they're unlisted? I can provide the names of the people and the general area they live in. Thanks :)

Ever thought that they don't want to be found?

No shit, and a cold phone call would be the absolute worst way to do this. Maybe a letter if you are going to do it, gives them some time to think about it. It sounds like she already has the address if you are even thinking about looking up the phone #. Why doesn't she send them a letter and see if they write back? If I’m assuming right, it sounds like she is a little obsessed with this and it probably won’t be healthy mentally for her no matter how this goes.

I bet her parents end up being like Joe Dirt's parents.

Finding her blood parents would be a good idea. Not so much to establish a relationship, but from the standpoint of medical history. Nice to know if there is a history of any illnesses (diabeaties, heart conditions, cancer, ect.) so she can get checked for those diseases.

she already knows her parents... they are the people who raised her... I don't understand the whole thing with people wanting to find the people who gave up the responsiblity and joy of having them as their child... f-'em... she knows her parents and they love her very much... what more does she need to know?

Guest Removed
No shit, and a cold phone call would be the absolute worst way to do this. Maybe a letter if you are going to do it, gives them some time to think about it. It sounds like she already has the address if you are even thinking about looking up the phone #. Why doesn't she send them a letter and see if they write back? If I’m assuming right, it sounds like she is a little obsessed with this and it probably won’t be healthy mentally for her no matter how this goes.

I bet her parents end up being like Joe Dirt's parents.

/\ that is not even funny! My Mom alllways wanted to know who her parents were!

She could also be on the lines of hurting her relation with her Parents that raised her! I look at it like this, it's easyer for us to find them, then it is for them to find us! I know right where my real grandparnets live and who they are,but you know what...I have the info, and have drove by.. they seem to have a nice family of there own now..They decided it best to not have anything to do with us, Im leaving it that way! :o

Guest Removed
she already knows her parents... they are the people who raised her... I don't understand the whole thing with people wanting to find the people who gave up the responsiblity and joy of having them as their child... f-'em... she knows her parents and they love her very much... what more does she need to know?

well put!

Guest MissTypeS
I'd stay out of this situation, but it seems as though it's a little too late for that. I understand your interest in helping your friend, but this is a huge risk for her and could cause a lot of problems. I'm sure she's capable of using resources to find the information if its available somewhere... just let her do it for herself. Are there any legal issues (violation of privacy, breach of anonymity) possible here? Just curious.

Ever thought that they don't want to be found?

I'm adopted (along with my younger brother and sister, I have a inter-racial family which is awesome) and this was the case for me they had a closed adoption which I guess is actually pretty common. Needless to say. It sucked. But I hope everything works out. I've always wanted to know my biological parents.