My car

Sam1647545489

It just doesnt like cold weather, everytime I try to get on it and it is cold like last night it goes into limp mode and cant figure out why. Also I now have a hole in my driver side header about the size of a nickel. So now I gotta take the header off and get it welded shut.

There is alittle piece that is welded on the headers where the air pump hooks to it to pump air into the headers to warm the cats for some fucking retarded reason that GM came up with. I removed all my air pump shit and just had that little piece on there with a block off plate. Well last night for some reason that piece decided to break off where it is welded to the headers. So now my car has a hole there. Its really not that big of a deal, IPS is goin to weld it shut for me here in alittle bit, but still cant figure out the limp mode shit. Ever since I put the heads on the car it has been doin it every now and then. But it only seems to do it when it is really cold out. When it is warm I can beat the piss out of the car with no issues. After I get the header fixed, I am goin to the dyno tonight to get rid of this speed density shit and turn my maf back on. The new HP tuner software with hook up to a wideband FTMFW.

Fucking... Coldweather pwned me last night P0420 hot fitting but says my catlytic converter not working to efficently. I only get this damn code on COLD ass days. Clear it will not come back till a cold ass day

I laugh at emissions equipment.

+1

I realize that the computer tuneable cars are the shit for the street when trying to get something resembling fuel economy. But I would rather fight the loading up of a carb, and have to fiddle with my MSD timing adjuster on the dash. True, I can't turn the carb for max performance and drive it around with that tune for long because it's always a bit on the rich or lean side, but wha'ts the difference in needing to drive around with a laptop instead of a jet kit and a screwdriver, other than you will not get anything on your hands.

Either way, I hope you get your issues resolved.

Keith, its even easier on a car with aftermarket FI. Just keep 2 maps on the laptop, and switch as needed. BTW, welcome back, where the hell you been?

Lurking...... I been on from time to time, just not saying anything.

As far as two maps, I would have to agree that is easier than lugging charts and graphs and a portable weather station so you can tune to hte barometric pressure and humidity of the atmosphere. The car does it for you, I guess it's lack of knowledge to some degree and a major lack of funding that I don't go with the computuner stuff. I can still find carbs in need of rebuild and rework cheap and intakes are a dime a dozen. I have looked, and I can about do a full fuel system for what a set of new 42 lb injectors cost.

Keith, its even easier on a car with aftermarket FI. Just keep 2 maps on the laptop, and switch as needed. BTW, welcome back, where the hell you been?

That's how our Cobb Acessport works for WRXs, the acessport is a programer that is a handheld unit that you plug into the OBDII port and it rewrites the ECU. You select a diferent map and in 30 sec. you have a car tuned for more boost and 100 octane. It's really easy. The acessport holds up to 10 realtime maps. It also pulls codes.

That's how our Cobb Acessport works for WRXs, the acessport is a programer that is a handheld unit that you plug into the OBDII port and it rewrites the ECU. You select a diferent map and in 30 sec. you have a car tuned for more boost and 100 octane. It's really easy. The acessport holds up to 10 realtime maps. It also pulls codes.

ah yes, the wrx ecu is a beautiful thing. ghost, did you know that you can even switch maps on the fly now? like, while the car is running and youre sitting at a stoplight. sexy.

Lurking...... I been on from time to time, just not saying anything.

As far as two maps, I would have to agree that is easier than lugging charts and graphs and a portable weather station so you can tune to hte barometric pressure and humidity of the atmosphere. The car does it for you, I guess it's lack of knowledge to some degree and a major lack of funding that I don't go with the computuner stuff. I can still find carbs in need of rebuild and rework cheap and intakes are a dime a dozen. I have looked, and I can about do a full fuel system for what a set of new 42 lb injectors cost.

Or you had the computers and just turned them into a firewall.....

Couldnt resist ;)