1,000,000 rounds per minute

Sturg1647545502

i was hoping to see more than a single shot with a few thousand rounds come out. i was hoping to see 1,000,000 rounds

the question is, what is it shooting and where do you get a million rounds into that thing?

I think the point is cyclic rate, not capacity. To be able to fire hundreds or thousands of rounds before the first bullet ever hits target is pretty devistating. The rounds are so close together, that the penatrating power is almost unbelievible. Its like shooting a shot gun, but all the shot (in this case 180) are of a massive caliber and at such a high rate of velocity and penatrating power, is almost unstoppable with any armor.

^^^like a rail gun???

"Eraser" ftw.

Well, not exactly. If i remember correctly.... from my college physics class, a rail gun isnt really a weapon at all. I believe it was originaly designed to propel a pod or spacecraft to a spectacular rate of speed for deep space travel. The idea for the rail gun was based on the intentional polarization of several banks of magnets eranged in a tube like structure. The craft was some how propeled forward by the controled polarization of the magnets in succession with eachother to force the craft away from its magnetic opposite at the force of the magnitude of difference of polarity... easy rigth? :p

EDIT... found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun

yeah, your definition is pretty accurate. for the record, i do know what adam is speaking of. its not exactly a railgun, its just an advance towards caseless ammunition.

yeah it has no moving parts like a traditional gun. saw a preview for it on the discovery channel was on the new seires the future of war or something like that.