Trip to National Trails 4/26 *VID*

Farkas

http://thumbs.streetfire.net/8C56ECE2-67E9-4D83-A0B3-CB34BEEF9F82.jpg

Click here to see Video

2nd time out to trails and I just decided to throw together a quick little vid just for the fun of it. Having a hard time launching with sticky tires since I don't have much power behind them but i'm getting better. Either way it was all in fun.

Best of the day:

16.835 @ 79.86mph - 2.329 60'

i can finally say my hyundai isnt the slowest car on this board lol

not a bad video though.

and you need a short shifter. those were some long ass throws. i put one in my elantra and my throw now is like maybe 3" where stock is like 7". really helps on the 1-2 shift

i want to get back out soon before it gets too hot out. last time i went was just a CAI and a muffler. finally got a set of headers (best available for this engine...like 700$ new) and a full exhaust and some 13lb rims...couple other things

whens the next t/t?

nice video, looks like you just need a little more practice launching.

Yeah, I only got 3 runs and each time I was launching at higher RPM's and my times continuously got better. first run was a 17.5 and missed 2nd, 17.1 2nd run, and 16.8 my 3rd run.

Glad you had fun but holy hell that car is slow. You need some mods bro.

This season i'm saving all my money for my engine build-up which will be pretty nice. lookin' to build it up with 12:1 pistons, .6mm headgasket, dual valve springs, 288 cams, and 45mm DCOE weber carbs and an MSD 6AL. I'll be somewhere around 170-180hp in my little car that weighs almost nothing.

sounds like a good plan. whats that going to run you?

im at 140 to the wheels now in a 2900lb car. i found some 272/272 cams that are being produced now with an ECU tuned for them, which is basically unheard of for the hyundai people. theyre claiming 50whp w/ the ecu, which i think is way padded, but if i get 30 out of them id be happy. im also looking at getting a ported/polished head, ignition, accessory pullies (already have crank pulley) ported IM and TB...if i can get all this done by next summer, id be hoping to hit 175-180whp n/a, which is 35-40 more than anyone has done in the US and about 20 away from whats been done n/a in korea.

i dont plan to beat any fast cars but if i can compete w/ some of the people off the hyundai boards and kill them, id be happy.

It's going to run me a little over 2 g's considering i'm going to have the whole block rebuilt with 5 angle valve job with a port and polish. That's also with all the parts and everything else in included, which really isn't that bad at all. That's about how much it would cost me all together to just swap a japanese 20v motor into my car and still make less HP. I should be making good power all the way up to 9k rpm or higher depending on the valvesprings I go with. I'm trying to take my time to figure out the best way to go about building up what i've got.

it's actually going to look pretty close to this

http://www.club4ag.com/photos/contributions/11-1-2001/GarethT_5.jpg