fact of the day

Science Abuse

If you owned 100 common shares of halliburton stock in summer of 2000 ($2100ish), it would be worth about $5400 now. If you owned Dick Cheneys 689,000 shares*, ($21 fixed price, gotta love options), you would have made $43,407,000 pure profit in 6 years. Wonder why their stock shot up so high over such a short period of time? :o

*(He had 1,349,000, but sold 660,000 as a show of good faith when campaigning. The SEC filing showed that Cheney exercised options for 300,000 shares on Aug. 21 for $21 a share. He sold the stock the same day for $52.28 a share.. Wouldn't want a conflict of intrest, now, would we?)

Ask yourself how many other people in power in this country own shares in companies that have been making billions off of knocking down and rebuilding Iraq?

The guy made some $. So what?

The guy made more money then you and I can comprehend, and he made it because we went to war. $43,407,000, say it out loud, Fourty Three MILLION, four hundred and seven thousand dollars. Thats not "some" money. He was directly involved in increasing the profits of the company. For those of us not towing a party line hardcore like never before, it rings alarm bells. He (and alot of other people) made money off of you, quite literaly. Actualy, off of us all, since we pay taxes, those taxes pay for those contracts, and the money from those contracts goes into his share worth.

So you are mad that the war has not directly benifited your cheking account?

Are you feeling like a particular dick today, or just too stupid to get the point? This countries leadership lead us into war for money, this is only one hunk of alot of proof. They lied to get troops over there, risked your lives, and ended the lives of thousands of people for it. One would think you'd be more pissed off then anyone, Halliburtons daily earnings are greater then the combined pay of all the US military active over there, but that's assuming you've got a mind of your own.

I hope you dont think this is the thread I said I'd post, that's going in the kitchen. That's got alot more in it, this was just a lunch-break FYI post.

No.

If the people who create the war benefit largely from its inception, shouldn't the motive be questioned?

War creates employment. Can I assume you are in favor of unemployment?

Are you feeling like a particular dick today, or just too stupid to get the point? This countries leadership lead us into war for money, this is only one hunk of alot of proof. They lied to get troops over there, risked your lives, and ended the lives of thousands of people for it. One would think you'd be more pissed off then anyone, Halliburtons daily earnings are greater then the combined pay of all the US military active over there, but that's assuming you've got a mind of your own.

I hope you dont think this is the thread I said I'd post. That's got alot more in it, this was just a lunch-break FYI post. patience

Not all about the money, its just a handy incintive. Also good for people who want to make conspiracy theories.

Im not pissed I did my job.

Poor taste isn't even the word for that, supra boy. For fuck sake, I'm trying to get a productive debate going, take the appauling shit elsewhere.

Im not pissed I did my job.

Neither am I, I'm pissed that you were asked to do it. Soldiers sacrifice alot, even if they dont see combat. We should never deploy without damn good reason.

can i ask who brain washed you? my dad is a vet with two purple hearts. and if you asked him would he have done it again. he would look you straight in the face and say HELL NO> not without a better reason. no reason for sincless killing so someone can make a buck. who gives a shit about Oil? we can turn out coal into gas which is larger than anyones oil supply, convert a car to propane, or run on corn, and why not tap into our worlds largest reserves and say fuck iraq. my dad has to work twice as hard just to get arround every day, and what does the government do for him. well he gets to pay taxes, barrley survive. no why could we not do this. If a american soldier who is willing to risk his life wants to sign up, that should be a immediate 100,000 for his family, then when he gets home with all the training he would have, should have a good job to support our troops here at home, and our famlies. anymore it seems that we as in the usa go out of or way for everyone but ourselves. and im not trying to be selfish. but when a vet, or any person who is willing to give there life for america should be treated better. DO THIS FOR ME ASK THE POLATIONS TO GO TO IRAQ AND FIGHT FOR AMERICA RIGHT NOW> i could garantee you they would run from it. TO EVERY AMERICAN SHOLDIER<, YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!!!> thanks

If a american soldier who is willing to risk his life wants to sign up, that should be a immediate 100,000 for his family,

Apparently we cant afford that for our own troops. If you want to shoot terrorists and make that money, you have to drop out of the military and become a mercanary for Blackwater or other companies like it. You would . not . beleive the money getting paid out to private military contractors for their work in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's appauling the money that is being made. Here's a new term for the Bush administration:

Trickle Up Economics

We, the masses pay taxes.

The tax money goes to the government, who spends most of it on private contractors.

The rich who can afford major initial investments in portfolios fat with energy and defense contractor get richer.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

sad shit is, that $43mill that cheney is making on that stock, it's a drop in his bucket. Bush, Cheney, and Rummy with leave office as billionares. You can quote me. W is already worth almost that, and it's mostly Saudi money. Ever wonder why they get away with financing terrorism?

Anyone who's ever met the truely super rich (old money), or done any dealings with them, know that they are not people like you or me. They live in a world far far separate from the stimuli and hardships we face. The difference between new-money rich and old-money rich is staggering. There is alot that they simply dont care about, you and I fit in that catagory. the ego's are incomprehensable.

I belive we had reason, and still do have a reason.
.....and this is where you write that reason....:p

Poor taste isn't even the word for that, supra boy. For fuck sake, I'm trying to get a productive debate going, take the appauling shit elsewhere.

Neither am I, I'm pissed that you were asked to do it. Soldiers sacrifice alot, even if they dont see combat. We should never deploy without damn good reason.

Don't talk shit to me. My names isn't 'Supraboy' nor am I a boy. Apparently, you didn't get what I was saying. If you don't agree with something someone says, learn to reply with some respect. I actually agreed with you on much of what you said. I don't think jobs are created as much as they would have us believe. And that surely isn't reason enough anyway. When I said what I said, it was a short, brutal way of making a point that the two of you missed. It wasn't meant to be tasteless. I definitely feel something is going on and I don't feel it's right. Problem is none of us really knows what's truly going on.

War creates employment. Can I assume you are in favor of unemployment?

False syllogism. Your train of logic is flawed, but on the right track.

There are more productive ways of fighting unemployment than killing brown people.

Don't talk shit to me. My names isn't 'Supraboy' nor am I a boy. Apparently, you didn't get what I was saying. If you don't agree with something someone says, learn to reply with some respect. I actually agreed with you on much of what you said. I don't think jobs are created as much as they would have us believe. And that surely isn't reason enough anyway. When I said what I said, it was a short, brutal way of making a point that the two of you missed. It wasn't meant to be tasteless. I definitely feel something is going on and I don't feel it's right. Problem is none of us really knows what's truly going on.

I didn't miss the point and I dont care want you meant it to sound like. It was disrespectfull, it was tasteless. If you're going to agree with us, please findsd a way to do it that wont discredit the argument. It was a blunt and brutal point, one that was meant to hit a personal nerve, therefore it belongs in the kitchen.

Show no respect, get no respect. Using people who gave their lives as fodder in a smart ass remark is disrespectfull. you didn't post an opinion.

The only people I've ever met named Christian were males, sorry.

Are you feeling like a particular dick today, or just too stupid to get the point? This countries leadership lead us into war for money, this is only one hunk of alot of proof. They lied to get troops over there, risked your lives, and ended the lives of thousands of people for it. One would think you'd be more pissed off then anyone, Halliburtons daily earnings are greater then the combined pay of all the US military active over there, but that's assuming you've got a mind of your own..

I didn't miss the point and I dont care want you meant it to sound like. It was disrespectfull, it was tasteless. If you're going to agree with us, please findsd a way to do it that wont discredit the argument. It was a blunt and brutal point, one that was meant to hit a personal nerve, therefore it belongs in the kitchen.

Show no respect, get no respect. Using people who gave their lives as fodder in a smart ass remark is disrespectfull. you didn't post an opinion.

Plz note the top post. Maybe you shouldn't be a biggot and follow your own advice. Do you really think your top post was 'up to par'? It seems to me that you need to learn how to retort with respect and without personally attacking someone. It seems to me that you didn't start this thread for peoples opinions but only to enforce yours upon them. Don't believe me? Go back and read this entire thread. You want discussion? Then let me people voice their opinions. If you don't think you're going to like what someone says, then maybe you should just stick to not posting.

The only people I've ever met named Christian were males, sorry.

Here you've either completely missed the point once again or you're trying to cover up the fact that you used the term 'boy' as insult earlier. I truly believe you are intelligent enough to know just what you were saying when you typed it. I'm not a boy. I'm 32 yr old man and I will not have someone disrespect me. Now, to keep this from possibly going into the kitchen, I will no longer reply in this thread. If you have any more 'words of wisdom' you'd like to share, plz feel free to pm me.

can i ask who brain washed you? my dad is a vet with two purple hearts. and if you asked him would he have done it again. he would look you straight in the face and say HELL NO> not without a better reason. no reason for sincless killing so someone can make a buck. who gives a shit about Oil? we can turn out coal into gas which is larger than anyones oil supply, convert a car to propane, or run on corn, and why not tap into our worlds largest reserves and say fuck iraq. my dad has to work twice as hard just to get arround every day, and what does the government do for him. well he gets to pay taxes, barrley survive. no why could we not do this. If a american soldier who is willing to risk his life wants to sign up, that should be a immediate 100,000 for his family, then when he gets home with all the training he would have, should have a good job to support our troops here at home, and our famlies. anymore it seems that we as in the usa go out of or way for everyone but ourselves. and im not trying to be selfish. but when a vet, or any person who is willing to give there life for america should be treated better. DO THIS FOR ME ASK THE POLATIONS TO GO TO IRAQ AND FIGHT FOR AMERICA RIGHT NOW> i could garantee you they would run from it. TO EVERY AMERICAN SHOLDIER<, YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!!!> thanks

Was this directed at me?

If not, read no further. If it was:

What conflict was your father in?

I personaly was injured while deployd, it slows me down, and I will never be the same. Would I so it again? Yes. There is a point where we need to help other people. When they have a sadistic dictator in power that wants to secure nuclear weapons, meanwhile giving the rest of the world the bird and killing anyone in his country that disagrees with him, fixing elections, and only looking out for his own power, he needs removed. For the amount of oil they have, vs. the living conditions that the mass of the people live in, something is fucked.

Eric:

That reason: The only thing needed for evil to prosper is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

The UN is corupt. Top heavy and back door deals galore.

Sadam needed to go. We are not forcing a regime change, we are promoting a democratic system in a country that has not ever had it. It will take a while, and it is imortant to stay the course.

As far as the WMD that no evidence has been found, we acted on the available information. You may not like it, but dont make Sadam to be an inocent man. Everything lined up, and it was decided to act. The senate agrees. Now we are finding out who the spineless ones are that wont stick to thier decisions now that it isnt popular.

War is a messy business. It is no where as messy as it was a few decades ago, and casulties are far less per persons deployed than in any other conflict, but it still requires us to have the ability to stomach a certian amount.

If there where a way to controll this type of situation without war, I would be in favor of it, but sanctions didnt have an effect other than starving his people while he continued to thumb his nose at the world.

Also, if we pull out now, what is the effect? nothing good will come of it. Once we have the iraqi forced trained and capable of supporintg thier own goverment, then we can withdrawl. Till then, stay the course.

False syllogism. Your train of logic is flawed, but on the right track.

There are more productive ways of fighting unemployment than killing brown people.

My first 3 posts I was just being a dick. Just something to bring out the itelectuals without having to put in much effort. Sucsess.

As far as fighting unemployment, unemployment is not bad at all right now. We where right around 5% unemployment. Not to shabby when 3.5% is considered full employment (everyone that wants a job has one)

Not all of the jobs are executive 100K+ a year jobs, but they are jobs. Not every job is meant to support a family and buy a mansion on the lake. Some of them are starter jobs, to sustain yourself while you further an education, move up the ladder, of invest back in youself somehow.

so should we be pissed off at GE, Rolls Royce, Skunkworks, and MIT for putting together planes that destroied everything? I mean, they made an enormous amount of money compared to Dick the fuck Chaney, and they even got to blow some shit up doing it. I mean, im sure Honda had there hands in there somewhere too... generators or something...

Point is, GE and Honda both have plants in and around Columbus, giving the people we see everyday walking down the street something productive to do. And what is it that they do with all thier hard earned money? Buy gas at 3 bucks a gallon, eat fast food, wear over priced clothing from Easton and City Center malls, watch movies at theatres like the one next to my place. Its not like Chaney made money and everyone else got screwed... other people made money too... maybe not in one big chunk, but it rolls in over time.

Plz note the top post. Maybe you shouldn't be a biggot and follow your own advice. Do you really think your top post was 'up to par'?

All I'm going to say:

My first 3 posts I was just being a dick.

Yes, it was up to par. Besides, Andrew knows I love'm. It's one of the primary reasonsI question the war. He signed up to fight for us, the least we can do is fight for him.

"That reason: The only thing needed for evil to prosper is for good men to stand by and do nothing."

It's not the only thing. It also helps when they convince good men to fight for them. The top positions in this government are just as corrupt, if not more. The origional post here was just to point out one bit of eveidence. Your devotion to the commander and cheif is admirable, evidence that you're a good soldier. But I also know you're a smart lad, and I'm suprised that you dont even aknowlege the question. 'Bout time you started posting your side, this was getting frustrating. :)

SPLN SUX....dude what are you talking about? :p also, I doubt anyone at any of those intitutions comes even close to making what Cheney is making.

my dad was all over durring nom. i could go ask him but he gets pissed when he talks about it and all his friends that died. so im not going too. i can tell you to watch him barley afford his 550 dollar a month rent, with no car payment and no other bills. dosent seem too fair to me. im sure his life is worth more than a few bucks for doing it and a college tuition. i can get a loan for college, thats not worth my life. but like i said before, AMERICAN SOLDIERS DESERVE BETTER WAY BETTER> somthing is wrong whith america but there arent many who care to fix it. and yes america could deffinatly pay more to a soldier willing to give his life. and they should take better care of them when they are home. seems to me like a lot of american soldiers are forgoton when there home. dosent seem right. But THANKS TO ALL WHO GIVE THERE LIVES FOR THIS COUNTRY> i have a cousin i never met who was a green barret. sounded like areally cool dude. died in newgander newfindland in a helecopter crash. engine was frozen. would have been nice to meet him.