tranny slipping in '04 Grand prix

smokin5s

my tranny slips BAD when the car is cold.... once it warms up it isn't that bad but it bucks pretty hard even just letting it move by idle when the car is first started. the car is 1,000 miles out of warrenty. any ideas what it could be other than rebuilding the tranny?

I've never driving the car very hard and it's never gotten any neutral drops or anything.

damn that sucks. good luck with it. I ran the piss out of my gtp and put 20k hard modded miles on mine, including many burnouts and thankfully its held up just fine. Is your gp stock?

the car has 43k on it (42 is when the warranty ran out)

it's stock other than a catback.

I haven't flushed it or change the filter yet because I've heard bad things about doing that when the tranny is already slipping.

John, I might be getting ahold of you.

as far as service, all service has been done (poorly) but done at the dealership.

if you have a good history the dealership may give you some goodwill for it.

When I worked at saturn we would something goodwill repairs that did all thier service with us.

i rebuilt a transmission today at work that was out on time and miles but since it falls under the 4 year 60,000 it was goodwilled. call GM cust. assistance and they will have it taken care of for you.

Josh, I'd be more than happy to diagnose it for you if you bring me the car. I live in Galloway. Just send me a PM and we'll work up a time this week (I'm in Georgia until Monday) and I'll have a listen to it. Lemmie know.

problem is, I don't think it would make it that far... I live with Nate, so I might have him take a look at it since he seems to know his way around GP's. I might take you up on that offer if all else falls through.

ok, so I checked the tranny fluid level... it's fine... the car runs ok as long as it is completely warmed up... but when it's cold or first driven, it slips BAAAAAAAAAAAAD now.

I called Dennis Autopoint and they want to charge me an 80 dollar diagnostic fee just for them to tell me if they will warrenty my tranny rebuild which i think is rediculous... anyone have any other ideas of dealerships or whatnot to take it to... my truck is acting up again and I need reliable transportation.

what kinda warranty work? just curious because i wanna take the monte in for my steering wheel controls and am scared todeath of them freaking out over my mods

Bill, they can't say shit about your mods affecting your steering wheel controls, now maybe if you had a rod knock or something, they could somehow assume your engine mods could've caused it, but they have to prove that your specific mods caused something specific to go bad. Just take it in, most likely they won't even notice.