any rats in the mess

bigbluebird

Hey,

isn't your other bike ratted out.

Oh wait, that was mice in the airbox. My bad

i cant get over that. F'ing nasty. did they give you a Tshirt or something?

oh yeah ratbikes. i love it when people get creative with their bikes. i would never have though of doing that.

did you send a pic to MONSTER and try to get a sponsorship or a cut when they start selling those for real.

nope no t-shirt just pissed off. that is one thing i want to avoid by taking care of my bikes.

plus since i didn't make it i can only give credit to the rodents who have probably climbed on every bike they sell

on a side not i am kinda pissed my spare tank surprised me with a lovely rust varnish oil sludge mix when i hit the reserve so i am rebuilding the carbs, and going back to the pretty tank. i hope to have some pics up tomorrow once i get some new pod filters.

it depends a traditional rat bike is a bike that over the course of its life has been coxed to continue rolling by the cheapest most creative means possible.

this does not mean riding a bike that does not run well it means that instead of buy a oem part you use a monster can (super props there) because it works just as well and does not cost you a dime because you already paid for the can.

my 350f is not a rat bike in the traditional sense. it is a wanna be. i had a parts bike and it was in bad shape so i took what parts i could and rust converted them. then matted them out and replaced the nice shinny chrome bits on the good bike. so it is more of a matte bike than a rat bike.

this is kind of unrelated, but i saw you own a couple 350's and was wondering if you might have a frame lying around..

i picked up a 69 cb350 twin and a 71 sl350, but couldnt get titles for either frame.. so i kept the good motor and most of the parts hoping to make a little cafe at some point.

and as a side question. i have an exhaust from the cb twin that has a hooker header heart stamp on it. i was wondering if this was an oldschool exhaust or something someone made?

not a 350 twin frame. i have a cb350f frame but it does not have a title pure parts bike

not a clue on the pipes. from what i hear the 350 was the highest selling bike in us history. so i imagine everybody and their brother was making parts for them at some point or another

good luck with the cafe theme i tried and got a rat instead. you might try the rice paddy they have parts bikes from time to time might have a title

"janky"

look up the term. urban dictionary says

"Poorly constructed or put together, and does not seem like it should function at all, although it may perform beyond expectations."

i roll with the janky crew in north cbus. they are cars, but if you could relate, they are rats ;)

i am in the process of rating out my old 350f any others here ratting out their bike or have a bike that ended turning into a rat when you were not looking?

My husband Mark does crap with crap. He's got a 1948 Hudson Commodore rat rod and he recently finished (as if anything ever really gets finished) making a bobber out of a sportster. Everything seems to get painted flat black.