The new Cobras for 20K over sticker?!?!

l36tols1

dont tell me im wrong. the car obviously has a value of 60-70k because that is what they go for. the msrp is 42. like i said before... what other car can you find for 60-70k w/ 500hp?

You can have a car that outperforms the shelby cobra for that much money, yes. period. absolutely. Fuckin people have to get their head away from the fuzzy math under the hood and look at cars as a whole (like anything with a new "hemi" in it). Hell, you can import an Atom for less then that and have supercar performance, and even decent gas milage. Its hype, its rich guys with no taste just wanting to be the first guy in town with one, and they're willing to pay a years income for it. Its sad, realy.

The Z06 is a much better car. So much so that Jeremy Clarkson sang its praises for 90% of his review on it. He called it cheap, thats about it. Anyone who thinks he doesn't like Americans should hear him talk about the french "Cheese weilding surrender monkeys". The Z06 actualy sits in the 12th spot on their leader board....12th for under $90k! It's int he company of cars that cost $100k more. Yes, the Z06 is worth 70-80g. Though, he should have been comparing it to a TVR, not a Ferrari.....maybe a stradale.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Cobra isn't worth $60k.

The Z06 is worth more than $80k.

The Dodge Shelbys all sucked eggs (I owned a Shelby 2.2 Charger).

A 12 yr old Mustang's seats do not in any way relate or are similar to the 03-04 Cobra's seats, so you can't draw conclusions using one for the other.

I haven't sat in the new Mustang or Cobra, or the newest z06. But the last z06's seats had nothing on the 03 Cobra's seats. Short haul or long. Long haul the corvette seats put my feet to sleep. For a 6' 225lb guy, that is. But thats probably just preference.

Jeremy calls everything from America cheap-feeling.

A 12 yr old Mustang's seats do not in any way relate or are similar to the 03-04 Cobra's seats, so you can't draw conclusions using one for the other.

The interior of a 94 Mustang is VERY similar to an 04 Cobra FYI. And I don't like the Cobra's seats.

The interior of a 94 Mustang is VERY similar to an 04 Cobra FYI. And I don't like the Cobra's seats.
(I know, I owned both a 94 GT and an 03 Cobra). But I didn't say the interior, I said the seats. And I liked em, so nanner nanner boo boo. Corvette felt like I was sitting on the floor, not enough floor-to-seat-bottom height for my taste.

Haven't been in the new z06s. If they've tilted the front of the seat up and maybe increased the seat bottm length an inch or so it would feel great. Any changes to the new z06's seats, anyone know?

Plenty of pedigree sportcars didn't and don't sit you on the floor, and also treat their drivers to a decent front seat height. I could pile up a long list of Jaguars, BMWs, Mercedes, and so on and so on. But I'm lazy.

"Floor pillows" must be designed for people with short inseams.

http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/caveman.jpg

They liked the regular GT.

I can tell you how Top Gear will rate it. They'll all dog its technology. Then they'll drive it and be pleasantly suprised. Jeremy will berate it's cheap American-ness and tell a short joke about his cohost. Then he'll try to put it on the "cool board", and the crowd will moan - American cars do not go on the "cool board".

There, I saved you having to watch the show.

EDIT: Someday, Top Gear will learn about the wonderful thing called "torque". ...although I think the short guy might be starting to get it.

it's just that the europeans know what cars should REALLY be. hp/tq means jack shit. it's about something than can accelerate hard, brake hard, and put up 1g on the skidpad. roadracing is where it's at. screw 1/4miles and ovals.

IMO the Mustang feels like I'm sitting too high up; I don't like the seating position (that includes the Cobra and my turd). This might have something to do with my height (6'3"), but I feel FAR more comfortable in an F-body and Y-body than I do in a Mustang.

If you want to sit up high, buy a truck.

idk, i believe that award goes to the EVO....

I beleive you should produce an Evo for us. :D A couple of notes:

That wasn't a quote from me, it was paraphrased from Martin Brundle.

This car has the BEST Saloon-Car Handling chassis anywhere in the world"

And I said "finest", not "most agressive". ;)

In stock form, the self leveling air ride was a delight in any driving mood. My car has Bilstiens and H&Rs, I'll see your Evo challenge on a skid pad. :cool: Mind you, the EVO has alot of physics working against it. The 2.5 16v Evo II benz has alot of physics working for it, like 238bhp N/A, far more agressive suspension, and about 2700lb curb weight. You'll need more then AWD and springs on your Lancer to get you 'round that. :)

http://www.germancarfans.com/classics/5050208.001/5050208.001.1M.jpg

It was even on the fore-front of silly wings.

(ps, I was shit talking. The car is amazing, but I wouldn't be suprised if there is something better, it's been 20 years.....just not an Evo :p )